* Laura loves mince pie…I’ll make a few for her before she returns for Paris…and maybe before she leaves again I’ll give her the recipe…oh I’ve missed the girl… she’s been………

I stopped reading.

Not because I was bored.

Or that I was getting emotional because my mother and I don’t have that kind of relationship.

I stopped reading because I sharp pain erupted from the back of my head. I groaned, almost falling to the ground. It travelled to the top of my head then straight to my temples. Somehow I could keep my eyes open from all the pain.

I had this kind of headaches before but this one was pretty bad.

You know, the kind where your ears stop listening and you can’t even think about what’s happening now?

I gritted my teeth and rubbed my temples continuously trying to stop the pain.

I probably stood there for at least 2 minutes before the pain slowly went away. I breathed in slowly and suddenly I had the strange need to get to the park as quick as possible.

I literally ran towards it. Funny what a headache can do to you?

Mitch was already there though be looked like we had all the time in the world and was chewing on a piece of apple. To think he was so closely related to Jacques.

“Sorry I’m late!” I almost yelled.

“No prob!” He said smiling before taking another bite of his apple.

“So…” I said unsure.

“Hmmm?” He said still chewing on his apple.

“You” I pointed at him, “Must drive me” I pointed to myself, “To that mansion place”

Please don’t ask me why I spoke to him like he’s deaf but he was acting clueless so I just played along!

I stared at me while chewing slowly, then swallowed and stared at me for a while.

“Really?” He said in an amused voice.

I didn’t even bother to reply.

I did, though, let out a frustrating growl when Mitch lifted up his eyebrow. Add him to the list of privilege people who can actually lift that little line of hair above your eye. Ugh, I still can’t master it!

Mitch only smiled. Strange, I hardly know this person in front of me but I talk to him as if we know each other for years. I trust people way to easy.

Mitch finally decided to lead me to his\Jacques\Mr. Dion\random person’s car after a gave him an angry glare.

“So…” I began after he started the car, “You take me to Mr. Dion, he takes blood sample, maybe I chat with Juliet a bit, have a cup of tea? And then after that I go back home?”

“Hmm! And they all live happily ever after!” Jacques teased.

I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine”

“Yeah, sure” I said biting my nails.

“Why are you so afraid? It’s just a needle, a little sting, some blood going out your finger and then it’s done!” He said, “Really it’s nothing”

“Oh, it isn’t!”

“Hmm?”

“Hmm-m?”

“Why’s it that bad?”

“Like I’m telling you!”

“Why not?” He pounded. I glared.

“Ugh…I’m afraid of needles and what if they accidentally cut me open with the needle? I could bleed to death!!!”

Mitch laughed, “Nice imagination! Really!”

“Whatever ok!”

“Whatever ok!” He mimicked me.

I rolled my eyes and stared out of the window. I heard him chuckle softly under his breath. Ugh!

For the rest of the ride I imagined myself punching Mitch and watching him being chased by a bulldog wearing a swimming suit…nice six-pack…

What the heck am I thinking!?

I shook my head and went on daydreaming about other stuff…NOT including Mitch.

When we finally pulled up in front of the house I felt my stomach twisting. It’s like your fist day at high school or your first date (not like I’ve ever been on a date). It’s just so nerve wrecking!

“G’luck with the blood test” Mitch stuck out his tongue to me.

I took my change and read his mind. I’ve been wanting to do that for a while…even if Juliet!

*Talia getting stabbed by a needle, probably she’ll scream in terror then faint! I won’t miss it for anything in the…

I felt a bit of pain threatening to come back. I stopped read and closed my eyes for a moment. Then I gave Mitch a glare.

He held up his hands in defence and laughed.

“Please don’t kill me!” He said mockingly.

“Your lucky day!” I said and made my way up to the front porch.

I knocked once and took a deep breath. I didn’t know who was going to open the door. There lived like…1000 people here!

Mitch, Jacques, Juliet, Ivan, Celine, Dean, Emma, Mr.Dion, Mrs.Dion and Prof. whatever.

Ok, that’s only 10 but still they can live in this house there’s still two spare bedrooms! And enough food for everyone!

I tapped my foot against the wooded platform before the door finally opened.

Emma stood in front of me wearing fancy brand clothes. The was blowing dry her red nails while staring at me.

Mitch magically disappeared so I was alone. This girl was a spoiled brat…you could tell only by looking at her! She looked at my old cupcake T-shirt and lifted an eyebrow. Looks like someone don’t like unique style, eh?

“Hey?” I said.

“Hi there! You’re Talia?” She said bored.

“Yeah”

“MOM!” She yelled loudly, “THAT TALIA GIRL’S HERE!”

If I could lift an eyebrow to her I would. That’s just rude, yelling like that!

She and Valerie would be such good friend! J Just saying…

I heard her mother saying something but I could make out what it was. I guess Emma did ‘cause she yelled ‘ok’ and stepped away so that I could get in the house.

She led me to her father’s study and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” I heard him saying.

Emma opened the door and went upstairs.

I took a deep breath before walking into the study. Right in front of me sat Mr. Dion very comfortably in a study chair looking through some files.

He looked up and saw me and gave me a smile.

I literally forced a tiny movement around my lips forming a fake little smile…

What can I say? This man is partly the reason why I can read minds, why I don’t know my real parents and why I might be an orphan! And then he is about to attack me with a needle (figuratively speaking…I hope) and then take some of my very precious blood, which I need to survive to do some stupid test!

I’m sure this VERY fake smile I was giving him was nothing more than he deserved!

I mean…

I HATE NEEDLES!!!!

**********************

Comment please…!!!