THIRTEEN

MIA'S POV

The tension is still around whenever Cade and I are together. Despite them all agreeing with it, they still act super awkward around us.

I know for a fact that Anna and I need some time a part. Especially for her to think this all through.

Matt and Cade are going back to how they were. Our parents are a bit awkward with one another even, nevermind with us.

I called my grandparents, (my mom's parents) and they agreed to come down for a suprise visit. I mean they take any excuse to come and visit.

When they arrived it was like all the tension was gone and everything was back to how it was. Until the buzz of them being here died then the tension was back in full swing.

My granny stared at my mom, "Millie, you know I've heard of this new place around the corner from where you work. It's called Thai something. Aunt Beverly told me all about it." My mom nodded.

I ran up to my room, on my way there I bumped into my grandad.

"Sorry gramps, I didn't see you there." He laughed, "I didn't see you either." I smile. "Thank you for coming." He nods.

Then he analysed me, "Mia, honey. I've known about you and Cade for such a long time now. I saw it coming for a while."

I furrow my eyebrows, "How?" He chuckled, "Perks of having a son and a daughter, I suppose." I nod. "Well, thank you for keeping it a secret." He winks.

I smile to myself as I walk inside my room.

-Later-

At dinner my grandmother pulled out all the stops. Yeah, one would expect that from my mother. Unfortunately not. I suppose the perks of having involved grandparents, is that they invite your mom's bestfriend over too.

So the Hudson's joined us. As we were eating my grandmother smiled at Cade and I. As he was seasoning my food while I fetch the water from the fridge.

"You know, the two of you are such a cute couple."  Cade and I made eye contact, before I smiled. "Thank you." She nodded.

My grandad smirked, "You two have both raised incredible children. I'd trust them if I were you guys." My mom narrowed her eyes at my dad, "Dad, what exactly are you trying to do."

He smirked at her, "You two have both raised incredible children. I'd trust them if I were you guys." My mom sighed, "I know, dad." My granny stared at all of us. "They not getting any younger and neither are you. I mean my granbabies are all off to university in two weeks." My dad furrowed his eyebrows, "I thought there was still a month left." I stared at my grandmother, "Grandma."

She stared down at her food while mumbling, "Whoops." My mom turned to me, "Two weeks left?" I sighed, "I got offered an early orientation." My dad furrowed his eyebrows at me, "Mia, since when did you start telling us things in pieces. First you hide your scholarship, then your relationship and now your early orientation. Who are you?"

I stare at Cade who looked just as shocked as I am. "I'm sorry, I just-" My mom cut me off, "No Mia. Excuse me." She got up and left the table, aunt Bell and then my dad followed her.

I teared up and I excused myself as well. I sat down in my room and I started crying. Just then I felt someone plop themselves down next to me.

I turn to see my brother.

He put his arm around me, "It had to come out sometime Mia. Besides mom and dad are so proud of you, they just not showing it now because reality has kicked in that their babies are no longer babies anymore." I nod. He hugs me, "I'm proud of you Mia. Also, another thing. Emily and I broke up, and I actually feel good without her and no, I don't want to talk about it." I smile and hug him.

Just then Cade bursts through my door. Matthew gets up and walks out.

"Mia? Early orientation?" I sigh, "Yes. Look Cade, I'm sorry I-" He cut me off, "Why didn't you tell me?" I stand up, "I tried, five times. Every time you seemed so distracted." He shook his head, "Mia, you should've told me." I nod, "I know, I'm sorry." He nods and holds me, "I'm going to head home. I think I need to cool down before I say something that I don't mean."

I frown, "Cade, I know I didn't tell you but I at leasg expect you to be happy for me. I mean this is a big deal."

He clenches his jaw and runs a hand across his face.

"Of course I'm happy for you, Mia. I just wish you'd told me."

I nod, "There's more to what you want to say. Come on, let it out."

He sits down on my bed.

"Things between us finally seem to be going smoothly. Now we need to balance long distance. Sooner than I'd expected."

I sit down beside him, "All relationships have their struggles."

He chuckles hopelessly, "Seems our relationship only has struggles."

I take his hand, "But it's how you deal with them that counts the most."

He stays silent for what seems like an eternity before his eyes light up.

"What if I came with you?"

It's as if I hadn't had time to process what he had said as I randomly blurt out, "Yes!"

He smiles and pulls me into a warm embrace.