SEVEN

MIA'S POV

As soon as we get back home I plop myself on my bed.

I hear my mom talking to my gran about what went down.

I see Matthew rush downstairs I get up. "Where are you going?" He sighs and turns around, "Emily." I groan, "Again?" He nods.

-Hour Later-

I hear a soft knock on my door. "Come inside." I see it's my dad. "Hey dad, you okay?" He nods. "I want to show you something." I smile, "Okay."

We ended up walking to this green grass hill. I furrow my eyebrows at him, "Uhm dad?" He chuckles, "Trust me, come on." I nod and follow him.

We then sit down and I gasp. The view, is breath taking. My dad chuckles, "I know right." I laugh.

We sit for a bit, before I ask him, "Dad, why'd you bring me up here?" He sighs, "Well, your mom and I used to sit up here all the time when we lived here. We've had a lot of moments and memories here." I smile, "Oh so this is a 'secret spot' kind of thing." He nods, "Yeah, no one knew about this spot except us, and now you." I smile, "Well, I'm honoured." He chuckles and kisses my forehead.

He takes a moment, "You know, I never thought I'd be up here again with my daughter. I never thought I'd have a daughter, but I'm so lucky that I have one. Especially a Mia Grey like you." I chuckle, "Aww thanks dad."

He puts his arm around me, "You okay princess? These days you seem a bit off." I sigh, "Yeah, I'm fine. I mean there's just a lot of things I need to think about. I mean in a few months I'm off to college."

He smiles and nods, "Time flies Mia. Whatever decision you make, I'll support you." I frown, "Dad." He turns to me, "Yes princess." I sigh and run my hands through my hair. "Please don't be mad, but Standford offered me a schlorship. I haven't told anyone yet. I don't think that I'll be-" He cut me off, "Mia! Oh my gosh! How could I be mad at you? I am so so so proud of you! Come here!" I smile and start tearing up and hug him.

He looks at me, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I sighed and shrugged.  "I don't know."

He smiled and kissed my forehead.

MATTHEW'S POV

I stare at Emily. She's smiling back at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I furrow my eyebrows, "Why not?" She smiles, "Because I don't know what it means." I chuckle, "Okay, then it's the look of admiration." She chuckles, "Oh is that so?" I nod.

Just then I hear a family voice.

"Matthew? Whose this?" I turn around and see Anna furrowing her eyebrows. Emily smiles, stands up and extends her hand. "Hi I'm Emily, Matthew's-" I cut her off, "She's my girlfriend."

Anna nods, "Oh. Does Mia know?" Emily furrows her eyebrows, "Whose Mia?" Anna shakes her head, "Matthew, your an idiot. She doesn't even know who Mia is." Emily stared at me, "Matt, I'm going to go. I'll call you later, maybe." "Em, no, wait, please."

Before I could reach her she left. I honestly hate my delayed reactions.

I turn to Anna, "What did you do that for?" She sighed, "Because lying and keeping secrets are worse than telling the truth." I fold my arms, "Oh sure. You would know." She smirks, "I do now."

I shake my head, "I honestly can't believe you. You don't understand how much she means to me. Your so ignorant and selfish to care about anyone else except yourself."

ANNA'S POV

Okay no, that's not fair. I fold my arms, "Matthew, how long have you known her?" "Why does it matter to you? Do you want to judge me more?" I roll my eyes, "No you moron, how long?" He rolls his eyes, "I've known her for a while now."

I shake my head, "Matthew, your preparing yourself for heartbreak. I'm telling you from a sister's perspective. I love you, and will do anything and everything in my power to avoid you getting hurt."

He glares at me, "Sure." With that said he walks past me. I sigh and roll my eyes.

MIA'S POV:

As soon as I got home I asked my dad to call a family meeting. So it was all my family and the Hudson's.

My dad smiled at me, "Okay, Mia has an announcement to make."

All eyes were on me. "Well, I've gotten a schlorship to Standford." My mom gasped and started crying before she hugged me.

Everyone was congratulating me and that's when it hit me.

I need to leave them all behind.