TWELVE

MIA'S POV

It's been a week since everyone found out about Cade and I.

I must admit, this was a lot worse than I expected. Anna won't talk to me and Matthew keeps making little comments when he sees me.

My parents on the other hand are not ignoring me, but then again, they only talk to me when absoloutely neccesary.

When Cade came over everyone in my house went into some sort of awkward mental frenzy.

-Later-

I decided to take a long walk to clear my head. Not exactly that New York is the place to clear your mind, but anyway. It's a good distraction.

I contacted Cade to meet me at our café. As we took our coffees to go he hesitated but grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I couldn't help but smile. As much as I want to enjoy being with him the guilt of disappointing and tearing up the family makes this all feel so wrong.

We arrive at my house only to see that my family has gone out, without me.

I sigh and walk to the kitchen, Cade trailing closely behind me.

He tries to hug me but I flinch. "What are we going to do?" He furrows his eyebrows, "About what?" I stare at my coffee cup, "About us." He sighs, "Mia, don't stress about this."

I stare at him, "Cade, being with you has ruined a lot of things for me." He folds his arms, "Oh so it's all about you? Mia, this relationship has costed me too."

I sigh, "Is our relationship still worth this fight?" He stares at me, "Mia, of course it is." I nod, "Yeah, your right, I'm sorry."

He places his hands on the side of my face. "I love you Mia." I kiss him.

"I love you too."

I hug him.

-Later-

My parents and Matthew arrive home and I glance at Cade, who nods at me.

The Hudson's walk through the door. Anna rolls her eyes at me.

Cade and I sit down and our families follow.

Cade cleares his throat, "I know this wasn't supposee to happen. The thing is you can't choose who you fall for. I mean come on, mom, dad? You can all agree with that."

I nod, "Also, you guys know Cade so well. Much better him than anyone else. Besides, I'm not a little kid anymore. I'm a mature young adult, I mean I'm leaving for Standford soon. We're all not going to be with each other for to long, and I don't want to spend my last days with all you guys in a fight."

Silence.

Anna locks eyes with me, "She's right. I don't want my best friend to go off to Standford hating me for not being acceptive over her relationship with a good guy." I smile at her.

Aunt Bell stares at my parents who are staring at the floor. She smiles, "Mia, if you hurt my son I will find you. But otherwise I love you both and I fully accept the relationship."

Cade chuckles, "Thanks mom." Uncle Connor kisses Aunt Bell's cheek. "Knew you'd come around love." She rolls her eyes.

All eyes are on my parents. My mom sighs, "Well, I still don't approve of this relationship but, I will work on it. Yes, Mia and Cade you two should be together."

I smile and nod. I then look at my dad who is avoiding my eyes. "Dad?" He sighs but nods. "I guess my princess is all grown up."

I smile, "Matt?" He clenches his jaw, "You don't have my approval. Cade, I cannot believe you went behind my back to be with my sister. What about bro code? Does it mean nothing to you?"

With that said he stormed out the room. Cade gets up, "Matthew." I shut my eyes and shake my head.

MATTHEW'S POV

I called Emily an hour before I left with my family to end our relationship. She couldn't keep lying to me that she's been cheating. I mean I'm furious but I kind of saw it coming. I found out by a close friend of mine who sent me a couple of pictures of her and this guy at a party. I didn't mind it until I saw the photo of them lip locking.

Cade bursts through my door. "Matthew, I didn't mean to lie. I kept my word to your sister and I promise that I will take good care of her. I promise."

I turn to him and narrow my eyes at him, "If you hurt her I can guarantee you that our friendship is over and I'd beat you up." He nods. "Deal."

I sigh, "I broke up with Emily." He turns to me in shock, "What? Bro, why?" I sigh, "I found that she's been cheating." He sits next to me, "Ah bro, I am so sorry. You know what, let's go and hit the gym." I stare up at him, "Yeah, okay. Let's go." He smiles.