EIGHT

MATTHEW'S POV

I'm on my way to Emily's house to apologize. When I get there I'm met with a female who looks just like Emily but older.

She furrows her eyebrows at me, "Hi, can I help you with something?" I chuckle, "Yes, sorry to disturb you ma'am but is your daughter home. I've made a huge mistake and I really want to apologize to her."

She hesitated, "Yes she is, who are you, if I may?" I smiled, "Matthew Grey. My parents are Milea and Aiden Grey." The woman gasped, "Wow. It really is a small world. Anyway, I'm Ava and Emily is upstairs." I smiled and thanked her.

MIA'S POV

I watch as my mom paces around the kitchen. Just then Cade walks inside. "Hey aunt Milea, are you okay?" She nods, "Yeah, uhm have you seen Matthew?"

He hesitates but shakes his head, "No, but he did say that he is at the library. He just wants some alone time." My mom took a moment but nodded.

She then went to her room. I turn to Cade, "Liar." He sighs, "Why didn't you tell her then?" I shrug, "I don't know where he is."

He stares at me, "You want to do something today?" I furrow my eyebrows, "Cade I told you-" He cut me off. "It's not a date chill, can't friends go out?"

I take a moment, "You have a point. Fine then, where do you want to go?" He takes a moment, "I don't know." I smirk, "Fine then, I'll drive." He smirks and nods. "I've enjoyed the life that I've had." I laugh and smack his arm.

We ended up at this new coffee shop, called Bistros. Cade and I ended up ordering a few cakes and a sandwich. To top it all of we ordered two large mochas.

I never realised how much fun we could have. I mean we haven't had time together without awkward tension in a long time.

We on our way back when Cade nags me to stop at Luigis.

I do so, and he buys pizza. We decided to do a movie night tonight with Anna and Matthew.

-Later-

We were all prepped for the movie night and we ate pizza while we watched movies.

After watching about five movies Anna checked the time. It was already 2am.

I stretched then went with Anna to make some coffee and breakfast.

We served up coffee with pancakes at 2am. Matthew smirked, "7 Minutes In Heaven?"

I frowned, nothing ever goes down well in this game.

"Nah, let's not do that." Said Anna. I nodded. So we decided to just chill and continue watching movies.
My eyes started closing and I kept trying to keep myself awake.

I failed.

I found myself falling gently on to Cade's stomach. I pulled the blankets and I fell asleep.

CADE'S POV

I watch as Mia makes herself comfortable on me. I then stare at her, mesmerized by her beauty.

I continued watching the movie and I tried keeping my hands to myself.

Without even realising it,I found myself stroking her hair.

Gosh, I love her hair.

Just then Matthew turned to me, "Mia's a chicken. She fell asleep first." I chuckled. My sister furrowed her eyebrows, "Why are you stroking her hair." I played it cool and smooth, "She always tells me that I should play with her hair. You know how girls are."

She nods.

I look down and smile at Mia, "I'm going to take her to her room." They nod.

I put her in my arms and I start walking. I put her on her bed and I tuck her in.

I stare at her and kiss her forehead. "Sweet dreams, beautiful."

Just when I was about to walk out I heard her voice, "Thank you. For everything." I turned to her and smiled, "No problem."

She scans me and furrows her eyebrows, "Cade, are you okay?" I nod, "Why wouldn't I be?"

She took a moment, "I don't know." I smiled, "You don't need to worry about me."

She smiled, I then turned around but again, before I walked out she spoke.

"Cade, I can't help but fall for you harder everyday. I tried denying my feelings for you, but that's not happening. I mean, why else did I cut my hair?"

I smile, "Wanna do something again tomorrow? This time, as a proper date?"

She smiled, "Yeah, I'd like that." She gets out of her bed and closes the door slowly.

I stare at her, confused.

She turns to me, and then she runs her hands through my hair before placing them on the sides of my face.

She locks eyes with me before leaning in to kiss me.

It was most defiantly the best kiss that I've had in a very long time.