CHAPTER 31- CAMERON'S POV

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"You said you'd throw me out of the pack as soon as you became the Alpha" she points out.

I nod. "Yeah... But until then, you still are pack, and I look after my pack"

"Nice" She says dryly. "Now that you know that I am fine, you can leave" She says crossly. I narrow my eyes.

"I'll be the judge of that"

She rolls her eyes and tries to get off me, but my hands around her, restrain her.

She looks at me thoughtfully.

"Tell me Cameron, did you find your Mate tonight?" She asks slowly, her eyes sharp.

I school my features and tell her, "No. I recon she's not from this pack"

She nods thoughtfully. It'd be so easy for me to tap into her thoughts and kniw just what the hell is going on in her head, but I want to grant her some privacy.

'Fuck privacy' Zeus howls in my head and I roll my eyes. 'If it were up to you, we'd fuck each and everything, right?'

'Everything that stands in our way, yes' He agrees and shaking my head, I block him.

"You really want to help me, Cameron?" There is bitterness in her voice and her eyes have turned cold.

I stare her down, "Yes. You are pack" I repeat.

"Good" She says and licks her lips, her eyes turning malicious.

She gives me a sultry smile and starts pushing my shirt up.

My hand shots out and wraps around her wrist.

She narrows her eyes. "You said you wanted to help" she hisses. "So start removing your fucking clothes"

"Artemis-" I stop myself and allow my mind to invade hers, not caring that I am invading her privacy, just wanting to know what the hell is up with her.

I am not surprised to see that she is bluffing, or at least a big part of her is. A small part however, is desperate to get close to me. To touch me. Skin to skin.

I suck in a sharp breath and get out of her head.

Pushing her off me, I take advantage of her momentary distraction and get rid of my shirt.

She sits up and her eyes widen.

"Wh-what..." She trails off, her eyes drinking in my naked chest.

"Get on the bed" I tell her and she frowns.

"I am already on the bed" She deadpans.

"Lay down" I ignore the funny look she is giving me.

"What-"

"Lay down on the fucking bed, Artemis" I snarl and she flinches. Sometimes, I feel like an absolute piece of shit when I realize that she is actually scared of me. Like she thinks I will hurt her.

She huffs but lays down beside me.

I lose my jeans and her eyes turn the size of saucers. Ignoring her reaction, I get in beside her and she lets out a sound of disbelief.

Turning her, so that her back is to my front, I spoon her body, wedging my knee in between her legs.

"Cameron" My name leaves her lips sounding like a sigh.

"Just go to sleep and let me help you" I whisper in her ear.

She shivers, but doesn't say a word.