Volume 1, Chapter 11. Forever Fall pt 1

In JNPR's  dorm. Pyrrha Nikos looks out the window sadly as Ren loads his weapon and Nora is jumping on her bed in the room.

Nora: "How come Jaune gets home so late?"

Ren: "He's become rather scarce sine he started fraternizing with Cardin".

Nora: " That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!" she proclaims while twirling in midair so her back hits the covers.

Pyrrha was thinking about what had happened yesterday. The fight between (Y/n) and Cardin was rough. (Y/n) barely spoke a word today and was training most of the day to the point where he started bleeding and Jaune still wasn't back yet. She then began to recall what happened yesterday.

*Flash back*

Jaune: "Pyrrha, I know i'm going through a hard time right now, but i'm not depressed". He looks over the edge of the roof, to the confusion of Pyrrha. "I can always be a farmer or something..."

Pyrrha looks at him in confusion, but then realization hits her with horror,

Pyrrha: "N-n-no!" She dashes to push jaune away from the edge. "That's not why I brought you up here! Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class anf that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so... I want to help you!"

Jaune: "Wh-what?"

Pyrrha: "We can train up here after class where no one can bother us"

Jaune: "You think I need help?"

Pyrrha: "N-no! No, that's not what I meant"

Jaune: "But you just said it"

Pyrrha: "Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us, look at (Y/n). He has help and he's still like us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!". Jaune then turns away, lowering his head.

Jaune: "You're wrong. I-I don't belong here"

Pyrrha: "That's a horrible thing to say! Of course you do!"

Jaune: "No I don't!" he said angrily. He then sighs and reveals the truth. " I wasn't really accepted into Beacon..." He turns his back to her so he doesn't have to face her.

Pyrrha: "Wh-what do you mean?"

Jaune: "I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy!" He said while his voice got higher and higher. "I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!"

Pyrrha: "What? But... why?"

Jaune: "Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough"

Pyrrha: "Then let me help you" she said while putting her hand on his shoulder.

Jaune: "I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune, I-"

Jaune: "I'm tired of being the lovable idiot. Stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?"

Pyrrha attempts to reach out for his arm and console him, but he leans back from her touch.

Jaune: "Just.... leave me alone. Okay?"

Pyrrha: "If that's what you want you think is best..." She said, bowing her head before walking away.

*End flashback*