Volume 1, Chapter 9. Jaunedice and the reveal pt 1

*At RWBY dorm, early morning. 3rd person POV*

It's been a couple weeks now. (Y/n) still hasen't told anyone else about his Eco powers and didn't tell Weiss which Eco he conjures. He started training with Glynda and Opzin and it was actually working a bit. He hasn't had an unplanned transformation since his Emerald Forest incident, and the only times he does change is during training in a controlled environment. He's been able to resist transforming a lot better recently. He's also been spending a lot more time with Blake recently, studying and reading with her.

(Y/n) was sleeping in his sleeping bag after insisting on sleeping in it. He then got rudely woken up by Ruby's whistle, which cause him to nearly scream. He looks up to see the entire team awake and dressed in their normal attire.

(Y/n): "Um.....w-why aren't you dressed in uniform?" he asked

Ruby: "Because first class is fighting!" she said cheerfully. (Y/n)'s heart stopped.

Weiss: "So quickly get up and dressed you dolt! we'll be late".

(Y/n) (thoughts): "Oh shit, i forgot. Hopefully Goodwitch is teaching us so i might be able to get a 'get out of transforming and kill someone' pass". He got up and walked to the bathroom and closed the door....only for Yang to put her foot in the way.

(Y/n): "Um....Y-yang"

Yang: " Just want to see whats under that shirt of yours. You must be pretty muscly~". (Y/n) looked at her, eyes wide before moving her foot and shutting the door. Yang laughed and walked out the dorm with the others. While (Y/n) was changing his clothes, he noticed that some of his scars were slightly purple, like a rash but not red. He got one of the Light Eco vials and injected himself in the area. It stung but the rash went away, along with the satiating of the Dark Eco pain going away. He going into his normal clothes, which were clean but still had rip marks from when he transformed last time.

He left the bathroom and grabbed his stuff needed for the day. He then left the dorm and went to his first class of the day.

*Skip to class*

(Y/n), Ruby, Yang, Weiss and Blake were all sitting down, Watching Jaune fight Cardin. Cardin at Jaune, who leaning on his weapon. Jaune then gathers his strengh to charge forward and swing his blade at cardin, only for him to jump out the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as cardin's mace sends jaune flying back. Jaunes is now only armed his sword, continues to try and attack cardin, but his attacks are blocked by his mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, cardin forces himself up, towering over the struggling Jaune.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose"

Jaune: "Over my dead-!"

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making jaune falls to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings. The lights come back on, and Goodwitch's voice causes him to stop.

Glynda: "Cardin, that's enough!". He relents and walks away as Goodwitch comes onto the stage, tapping her tablet. "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the offical may call the match". Jaune is still on the floor as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team. "Mr.Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself". (Y/n) could hear that and gritted his teeth together. He hated cardin for a few reasons. One, because he was bullying Jaune and recently started picking on him, and Two, he despised Eco users. Just thinking about him made (Y/n) twitch his fingers.