Chapter Three

x|

two days later

Hinata had accidently gotten ready an hour early. She was too excited to eat, and she was pacing up and down her lounge room, waiting for Naruko to come, even though it was only 5am. She tried to watch TV, but she couldn’t pay attention, she then tried listening to music, but the same problem occurred. She decided to walk out into her front yard and water her plants. Even after doing that for what seemed like forever- only fifteen minutes had passed. She sighed, and fell into her couch. ‘Why does time move so slow when your exited?..’, She mumbled to herself. She wouldn’t bother texting Naruko to come early- knowing that she was probably still sleeping, and was probably going to rush and end up five minutes late. *knock knock*. Hinata was startled by the knock at her door, but was excited and happy that Naruko had managed to get here early. Although, when she opened the door, she was greeted by an entirely different face. ‘ S-Sasuke? Why are you here?!’. He invited himself inside and sat on the couch. ‘I noticed your lights on and assumed you were ready, I’m bored so I decided to stop by while we wait for Naruko. Problem Hyuuga?’. Hinata clenched her fists and closed the door. ‘ Please don’t call me that… U-UCHIHA’. Sasuke clapped. ‘Wow its so offensive… Not. I don’t see the problem of me calling you that’. Hinata walked towards one of her armchairs and sat down. ‘Well since you’re not going to leave I guess you can stay until Naruko arrives.. Want some tea?’. Sasuke nodded his head. ‘Too scared to sit next to me.. Anyway yes I would like some tea. Green I presume?’. Hinata got up and nodded. She moved into the kitchen and started heating up some water. ‘What did he mean by I was too scared to sit next to him.. I sat on a different chair because it was there.. I also didn’t want him playing a prank on me..’, Hinata thought to herself. When the tea was done, she grabbed two mugs out and poured the tea into them carefully.

She placed the cups of tea on two drink coasters on the coffee table. Hinata sat next to Sasuke and said, ‘there I sat next to you. Happy?’. Sasuke grabbed his tea and took a sip. ‘Don’t really care. Thankyou for the tea’. Hinata smiled and picked up her own mug and started drinking it. An awkward silence hit the air. Hinata made sure not to make any eye contact with Sasuke, but she felt his gaze on her. She turned her head and their eyes met. Her face went red. ‘ S-stop staring at me… Its creepy’. Sasuke sipped his tea. ‘So what?’. Hinata was slightly irritated at his attitude.  She turned to face him again. ‘You’re strange.’ He crossed his legs and smirked, ‘Good, I’m proud’. Hinata blushed and another awkward silence hit the air again. From the corner of her eye, Hinata noticed Sasuke was still looking at her. She felt her face go red. ‘This tea is very nice. I noticed you grow this yourself. It tastes a lot better home grown’, He said. Surprised that he knew it was home gown, Hinata smiled. ‘I was sick of the store bought stuff and I bought my own plant. The taste difference was amazing.. I’m surprised you actually noticed though’. Sasuke put his mug down and flicked his fringe. ‘ Ive seen your plant in your herb and lentils garden. I noticed you have a tomato plant…. Do you have any ripe ones I could try?’. Hinata got up and said, ‘sure come outside and we’ll pick some’. They both wandered outside.

Hinata and Sasuke walked to the tomato plant at the edge of the garden. ‘Take one. They look ripe!’, Hinata beamed, proud of her garden. Sasuke picked a fresh tomato from the plant, wiped it on his shirt then took a bite. Within a minute he had eaten the whole thing. He looked amazed. ‘I guess you liked it?’, Hinata said, giggling at his expression. He looked at her and smirked. ‘ I’ll buy all of them for ten bucks, Hyuuga’. Hinata frowned. ‘It’s Hinata’, she smiled again, ‘ And you can take as many as you like. I don’t mind’. Sasuke suddenly stepped forward and hugged her, in a friendly way. ‘thanks Hyuuga!.. I mean Hinata’. Hinata went bright red and pushed him away. ‘S-sorry’. Sasuke sniggered. ‘You’re funny’.  Naruko suddenly appeared out of nowhere. ‘I knew you two were having sex. I knew it!’. She ran up to Hinata. ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’. Hinata was bright red and unable to move. Sasuke hit Naruko on the arm. ‘Naruko don’t be a bitch. We’re not doing that. I just gave her a hug. You hug me all the time and I don’t give a shit. It’s no different than that’. Naruko punched Sasuke in the gut. ‘Yeah but you usually hit me or something like that when I hug you. AND I SAW YOU HUG HER’. Sasuke pushed Naruko to the ground. ‘Just shut up and stop making Hinata embarrassed. Look at her face!’. Naruko rolled her eyes and hugged Hinata. ‘Stay away from that douche.. LETS GO GUYS!’. Hinata walked inside and grabbed her bags, followed by Sasuke. ‘ Why are you following me?’, she said, annoyed. Sasuke grabbed his suitcase from behind the couch. ‘ My stuff is here from before. REMEMBER?’. She bit her lip and clenched her suitcase tightly. He was really started to irritate her. Both of them paced outside and Naruko threw her hands in the air. ‘LETS GO GUYS!’.