Chapter 27- inevitable

Mulai dari awal

         The next few weeks is when the weather was finally catching up with the month.

          It's been such a hot year, and as we started December I finally got to wear some sweaters, which were overdue. Everyone's mind was on Christmas and the break, and of course mine and Ji-won's family were already making plans.

         At the same time, our squad was making our own. We were thinking to go skiing or snowboarding.

          I've also been trying to plan my gift for Ji-won. I wanna give her something meaningful that she'll actually appreciate. I don't know what that would be though.

When the subject of gifts came up between us during lunch one day, we decided to go with secret Santa since we didn't all want to buy 8 different gifts. When we got our secret people, I got Yoongi. Not like that's stopping me from getting Ji-won something on the low key. I kept asking her who she got, but she refused to tell me.

          Unfortunately, we haven't really talked about us at all. She hasn't given me her answer yet either, the one I've kinda been waiting for these days. It's mostly the same, besides that I'm more open in flirting with her and saying little romantic things since there's nothing to hide. The upside is that it doesn't seem like she's been making progress with Jungkook either. Maybe she's just looking to stay friends with the both of us at the moment, and I have to respect that. It's been good, actually, we're all just friends.

           And then comes the subject of me and Jungkook.

        I don't even know what to say. We used to be really damn close, he was a best friend of mine, and now... now we don't really talk. Of course as a group we do and act like nothings wrong, but I can't even remember the last time we hung out alone.

          Which is why I'm freaking out right now, because Jungkook sent me a text asking if we could hang out.

         Of course I said yes, how could I decline without sounding like a dick? I mean, I was pretty bored today, Sunday, had nothing to do, there's no reason not to???

          I'm way more nervous than I should be. This is my friend we're talking about, it should just be normal. Why am I so damn worried? Why do we have to like the same girl?

          We decided that he'd come over to my place. We lived in the same neighborhood, so it took a matter of 2 minutes for him to arrive. When I heard the knock, I even hesitated to open it. Deep breath, it's not a big deal.

           He smiled when I opened. "Hey man," he said, and we bro hugged casually. I don't know if he feels awkward but I feel awkward. Don't show it.

             For the first few minutes I felt tense, since we hadn't done this sort of thing for a while, but honestly, things became okay really quickly.

           I was overreacting a lot before this- we still have lots of stuff to talk about and laugh about. We just hung out in my room for a while before going downstairs, eating food and playing video games. It was normal enough, and it was actually nice to be around him again. I gotta be honest and admit that I missed this.

          Of course there was always tension in the very back of my mind, of course we both felt how much we'd grown apart, but it wasn't terrible. What did I expect? That he was gonna come here and we'd act like strangers? I've known Jungkook for years, we're still good friends and Ji-won hasn't entirely changed that.

          It was all okay, good actually, for a long while, I was having fun, we were just playing our games, when the main damn person that I didn't want to talk about just had to come up. Inevitable.