25 : THE FORESEEN HAVOC

Burgess

It was a mess. The throne room were nearly placed into ruin—the enormous pillars almost surrendered in bearing the weight of the lair, large cracks and falling rocks resonated over but the darkness never changes. The throne chair were destroyed, left in an undistiguished shape. The cold floor were filled with dark sand.

And at the inner hallway, where another room is located, welcomed the most intimidated foresight the King of Darkness could see.

The rusting cages on the ceiling were broke open—rather, they had escaped from his watch. At the sight of it, the keys were forced to be removed and unlocked. No one was left. Even just one person that Pitch can use for threat and vengeance. No one.

Filthy Guardians.

Pitch sneered.

They escaped and run away. And the worst, they lived.

The King of Darkness was standing at the center of the lair. His back shivered—with anger and terror. The black globe were alive, the yellow lights constantly flicker at his sight.

"They're helping them. The Guardians are helping them." He hissed. "I can feel itthey tend to regain their strengths and powers they lost."

Gothel listened. She was watching him from behind.

A portal opened—like a mirror that shows whatever is happening from another realm. Pitch eye's sharpened, like a dagger, he watched attentively.

The colors shone and danced through their skins.

"Idiot!" He splat.

A drop of fresh scarlet fell from the end of his pale lips.

The golden blonde kneeled onto the cold ground and neared beside the lifeless redheadshe was paler than before... weaker than before. The two men watched behind her. Anticipating with a tremendous beating heart.

She placed her trembling hands over her chest. The redhead was struck and blasted by an unexplainable force. Her veins were tinted blackit was visible over her pale skin.

The golden blonde closed her eyes and silenced.

Until a bright blinding golden light spread through the darkness like sheet. It almost blinded him...

Pitch turned his back away. His hands were fisted by his side because of ruthless anger.

"I should have killed them! I should have taken the chance and showed no mercy!" Pitch breathed. "And imagine what I could do now."

Regret. It tasted bitter all over his tongue and mouth. Pitch should have known better—drowned them with fear and killed them in his very eyes. Strangled them. Poisoned them. Stabbed them with a dagger.

He could have done all of these.

But he waited and plotted plans... for nothing.

Pitch had lost a battled between the Guardians. Him and Gothel failed. And they've taken something important against his will. Pitch hid it too well and they've found it within a snap.

Of course, two against four.

His nail prickled through the golden object. Pitch held it tightly in his grasp—so hard it can be shattered into pieces. The only one left.