2 : THE SURPRISE

Scotland had never been so majestic. With astonishing man-made buildings, glistening windows, well-paved roads and warm touch of the rising sun; The land of mountain wildernesses.

Merida, with earphones on, enjoyed blasted pop-music in her ears. Flowing together through every beat. Her hair in long red-orange curls never bothered her all the way. Not too driven to fix nor comb it, she would just leave it... as is.

Merida scooted the sidewalk, not minding where ever her feet will take her. Being with her parents and three bothers in their house, she definitely will need some fresh air.

She swiped the screen of her phone, shifting the song to other genre. A smile creeps into her lips. Then she placed back the device into her pockets. Walking. Walking. Turning her head to whatever she sees, until-

"Merida."

Someone whispered behind her.

She glanced over her shoulder, believing she just heard her name being called. No one welcomed her. Just some other people linked into the city life.

"Right here."

The same tone of voice flowed through her ears. She frustratingly removed one of her ear piece. Halted for a stop. Completely shifting herself at the back... finally meeting someone.

"Ha!" The man beamed in his tall and athletic posture. "Took you long enough, eh." and smirked, winking his eyes at her.

"You little!-" Merida blurted out, placing her arms up in the air. "What are ya doing here?"

Her face gleaming with frustration.

"Ya sneaking up on me?" Her Scottish accent had evidently taken place, her ocean blue eyes travels into his, suspiciously looking for answer.

"For Pete's sake! No." Macintosh defended and smiled seductively.

Obviously taller compared to her robust body structure, Macintosh is athletically inclined. With muscly physique. Long wavy brown hair. Long neck. Long prominent nose and ears. Shining blue orbs. He is a well-built man of his age.

"Just needing some company, is all." He answered calmly and began walking. Merida nodded and followed him in an instant.

"Good." She said, highly with confidence. Not paying attention to whatever he may think of about her plain and blunt answer.

"Ya sure Dingwall's not coming here?" Merida asked, being drowned to her memories. An awkward and clumsy man is all she could think of.

"Ah." He moaned. "Trust me." Macintosh neared her ears, whispered. "I've left the old man behind before he even knew it." His thick Scottish voice said and laughed.

Merida, bore over, and snorted together with his undeniably rough and bold laugh.

"What about McGuffin?" She gazed at him in a flash, and looked away.

"Oh." Macintosh said. Not looking back. "I've heard his busy at the moment. Study and stuff." Shrugging his shoulders, he would look at her feisty companion and found she's looking entirely in front.

For years staying in Scotland, Merida had finally settled her life in. Meeting other people come and go, staying with them as long as she wanted to. She had never been fond of hanging out with other girls, thinking it would not definitely suit her or finds it uncomfortable at some sorts. And now, she finds herself accompanying guys. Doing manly things and sharing stories with them.