17 : THE FORCES

The honk of a car horned in a blasting manner, it could be heard all over the neighborhood but the still and placid place remains undisturbed—it was almost near 1:00 A.M but the scenes of the event still dances freshly in their minds. The midnight wind blew frail.

A fully tinted black car partially parked on the side of the street, with a two-story apartment located meters opposite the vehicle. The grumbling of the machine was constant and continuous.

Merida pulled the lock and opened the door—made her way out while a pair of red high heels in her right hand. She can feel the smooth cold street at her sole, she decided to walk barefoot for a tingling sensation began to tickle her feet—a numb and painful one.

A window from the backseat slid down.

A man peered over.

"Mer," Hiccup called.

The redhead gazed over her shoulder, her curly hair started to fall out from the bobs and pins that used to secure it in place.

Hiccup smiled and gave a short nod.

"Goodnight."

Their eyes met for an instant. Their two orbs was drawn together—blue and brown until one of them shut hers, Merida blinked for a while, shook her head and painted a small short beam of smile.

"Yeah. Same with you, lass."

The car beeped again with Kristoff waving at her in the driver's seat, Hiccup waved also with Jack beside him, where he can be seen in a small yet clear manner, away from the window where Hiccup is. Jack offered a smile of goodbye.

They are the only one left for Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa had gone home already, knowing they live together in a single house.

Merida nodded as a response.

Then they drifted away—the car groaned to life as it increased for speed and friction. Merida watched them as they've finally vanished in the line of her vision.

She walked in—opened the door with the keys placed inside her small hand-held purse, the wooden door faintly creaked as she went inside, Merida closed the door using her back and headed the stairs up to her room.

She was, again, welcomed by another door. Merida groaned in frustration—her energy is drained and up to now, she'll only had realized, that she needed sleep other than anything in the world. She knows, all of them are tired and exhausted and to know, nobody had showed it during the party. It was blasted loud and alive during the occasion, sure, no one will feel it during that time.

Merida blinked again to fight off as sleep lured her whole body—to lay down the bed and finally drifts herself into blackness.

Merida scoffed through the keys and let herself inside. She closed and locked the door.

All the windows are closed—well, not all of them, one window were left open. The curtains are all dragged together and it was pitch black. Merida turned on one of the lights and widely unlatched the closet.

Merida worn off the dress and change into something more comfortable, she removed the clips from her hair and let it lay straightly on her back. She hanged the red dress from one of the hangers and finally, closed the doors of the closet.

She tucked in a warm and cozy sweater as she had worn inside a sleeveless shirt with her pajamas on. Merida moved her feet into the bathroom, she moved and another step...

Until she fully stopped, her hands idly and strongly holds the door frame. The curtain near the bed began to flutter and flapped in an absurd manner.