8 : THE BOX

The cloak of clouds began to simper, showing a light shade of orange tints in the sky. The warm wind turned cold in everyone's skin. Darkness skimmed over but there is still light. Enough for the day to end.

"Thank you." Rapunzel stated softly.

Her tan skin was warm and smooth.

"And, nice meeting you too." She smiled. Freckles over her nose moved.

Merida isn't used to giving goodbyes and compliments over a simple matter. She isn't the kind of person whose moved by a little thing, even she is, she wouldn't let anyone to see her inner thoughts. But upon knowing Rapunzel, she might let herself be acquainted by it.

"No problem lass." The redhead slowly smiled.

Her gaze dropped over Elsa and Anna whose waiting for Rapunzel at the back. Once their eyes met, they nodded and answered a small genuine smile- not for being a company, but rather a new found friend.

"Thank you also." She breathed. "Ya know, I might got lost or something! Maybe, I might be a nerd sitting in the corner of the classroom."

"I mean... thank you."

Rapunzel giggled. Her emerald orbs twinkled against the light. Her lips curved and thin. She nodded and smiled, again. And once in her life, Rapunzel felt honored to fit herself within the community; with different races in separated worlds.

"Okay then." She breathed deeply.

"See you tomorrow."

Merida slowly nodded, watching Rapunzel heading the other direction together with the Arendelle's, having a smooth conversation as she watches their mouths open in sync.

Merida finally turned her back away as their forms disappeared within her line of vision. She smiled. She crossed the street and walked with other people around her. Not knowing everyone, she felt at ease in every ways possible. Her red curls bounced upon her movement, her eyes as blue as the ocean.

She turned to her right and crossed another pedestrian line, upon reaching the end, the street turned downwards; with smaller population of people around the sidewalks. Well, she had no choice. This is the only pathway to her apartment.

She wanted to go home.

And rest.

While walking, the cold wind hurdled around the surrounding, dried leaves flowed in short heights away from her feet. She shivered and pulled her clothing together to produce enough heat.

The soft audible clanging of chimes travelled up to her, until she can fully hear it with so much volume. It lingered in her eardrums. Her feet stopped halfway. Her hands at her side. Her head moved.

An open store came at her sight. Merida peered through the glass windows and her body was filled with delight, rather, curiosity bounds at her fingertips. All she could see are carved woods with gloomy white light enough to provide lighting inside.

It was an antique store, she supposed.

Merida pushed the door and entered. Scent of fresh cut pine trees is all she could smell. Once she moved closer, long wooden cabinets are aligned with displays onto the surface, Merida could see the dusts covering each carvings- like no one had entered this shop before, displays are not moved nor touched by customers.

She wondered.

Merida moved, paying each displays a good ten seconds look before moving to the others. In the middle pathway, she stopped.