18 : THE WITNESS

It's been days since the 'incident' happened—if it is ever called that kind of statement. The week had gone in its natural and similar cycle, the class began to beam in excitement and anticipation because vacation seems to near the dates in the calendar. But for the two—Jack and Merida, it is a whole lot different phase of events.

After the party, loads of academic projects and presentation headed through the whole class. Almost everyone crammed off to pass requirements exactly on the provided and scheduled due dates.

The hallway is quiet like an abandoned cabin in the middle of the forest, the lights were freely left open and the stack of lockers were remained untouched ever since the last subjects of the day had ended.

But at the very end of the floor, there is a room with the door widely open, the lights hadn't turned off yet. It gleamed brightly as if another class had been occupying the same and bare vicinity of the university.

"Rapunzel, you sure about that?" Kristoff asked with Anna beside him.

The blonde smiled, still in her own seat with her bag completely closed—all school supplies were already packed inside.

"Yeah." Rapunzel nodded. "Absolutely."

Kristoff beamed at her idea of being left inside the classroom, without any verge of heading home or wanting the company of her cousins as they trudge through the night into their house.

"Okay then." Elsa answered and smiled sweetly.

"We'll be leaving now." Anna assured. "Guys, I hope you'll arrive home safelyI mean, it's already late in the evening."

The three person left in the classroom bid their goodbye. Hiccup waved his hand idly and gave out a small sly smile. Merida slowly nodded, her eyes drifting to sleep. Rapunzel, smiled genuinely as the other three finally leaving the room at ease.

"And oh, tell Jack we've left." Elsa added before even closing the door behind them.

"Yes. I'll tell him."

Rapunzel answered softly and Elsa nodded. The three heard the soft tap of the door closing and they were left in utterly silence. Nobody had spoken a single word or even a simple greetings to each other. They were all exhausted and drained out after the entire day's constant activities which made them in sore.

Rapunzel neared and pulled her chair closely to them, shifted strands of hair into her ear. She sat erectly.

"Hey." She called.

Hiccup stared back at her with so much curiosity plastered in his eyes. Merida gazed back last, her face was emotionless and obviously, she hadn't taken enough rest and sleep—the lower portion of her eyes were darkened but she looks pretty the same.

"I just wanted to thank you guys for"

She was cut off.

The knobs of the door creaked. Jack entered the room without any warning. His dark hood completely covering his entire face, the jacket he'd been wearing were slightly zippered at his middle limb and his hair... were pointed out in every directions.

"I-I am very sorry." He coughed.

"Been in the restroom for quite a while." Jack quickly joined them without paying a look or two. "So... where were we?"

Jack's hands were covered by the end sleeves of his jacket. He hadn't removed the hood once he came in.

"NoI just wanted to give a small gratitude to you guys," Rapunzel explained.