12 : THE GROUP

The whole class buzzed together with their own groups and colleagues. It is morning- another day to start and to end. The wall clock at the center front of the room ticks, and again and again. The hour hand moved—7:29 A.M. Another minute passed, 7:30; it flashed.

And the bell rang.

All the students had gone silent. Rapunzel smiled and faced in front. Merida cocked a grin and closed her mouth. Elsa and Anna stifled a smile. Kristoff made a poker face and listened. Hiccup went speechless and gazed his stare to their instructor in front—waiting for all to settle down. And Jack... is nowhere to be found.

Hiccup moved his head, looked at his left and found the seat empty. His eyebrow wrinkled to the attempt of thinking possible answers why had his friend hadn't reached class in time, or maybe, he had taken a leave of absence.

Hiccup furrowed and nodded.

"Okay. Listen now everyone." Instructor Grabielle welcomed, he wore a white polo shirt with black well-pressed pants that perfectly fits his limbs. He has a lean face and noble nose.

"I am not going to stick into a boring and formal discussion today, as you can see." He smiled and walked slowly with his hands at his back.

All eyes are on him. Almost everybody in the room had wondered what activities should they'd be doing at the current time.

"You will be group into three and you'll be preparing a presentation about the preceding topics for today."

Some frowned at the idea. Most stayed silent and nodded slowly to their behalf and self-acceptance. Rapunzel was not against the activity given, for her, it will be a delight to know other people aside from her group of friends and acquaintances.

Merida was left burdened at some point—she almost frowned. Almost. Only if she belonged to a group that satisfies her and is good enough for academic purposes. Only if she can pick her own.

The instructor continued.

"And I'll be going to pick the members of each groups."

Most drew a deep breath by the sudden announcement.

Gabrielle stilled in front and started pointing fingers to anyone he finds appealing to stay in a group. Everybody had anticipated to whatever kind of group they will belong, and they never know, this will lead to another level of closeness and friendship.

****

Jack almost cursed for the nth time already. At the other side of the street, he waited impatiently for the green light to flash, to cross the street and run as fast as he can to upbeat the time before he will be marked completely absent.

"Stupid." He whispered, his white hair is a mess but he pulled it out perfectly.

He gazed at his watch, 7:38 A.M. seven more minutes before he cannot completely attend the certain class anymore.

All of the students of the university had given additional 15 minutes to reach the parameters before they are marked absent— and it is a legal policy that everyone should strictly follow.

Jack sighed deeply.

Honestly, he had woke up late. He hadn't heard the alarm clock in time and it was his instinct that had awakened him, too late for the class but he can manage. There is still enough time.

Plenty of time.

To be honest, he cannot moved on to what had happened to him last night. Jack found it difficult to sleep again and he kept staring at the window—at the moon, to be specific.