My eyes landed on Chance once more and I gave him the best glare that I could muster, hoping he would leave but he didn't. Instead he came and sat beside me with a determined look.

Oh how I wish he had this determination before when I had literally begged for his love.

But now this determination was more like an unnecessary stubbornness for me.

I didn't speak. I didn't want to be the one to start the conversation.

"So," he began. And I noticed that it is a sort of habit that he had. Whenever he's nervous, he starts a conversation with 'so'.

I still didn't say anything, and looked ahead. It was almost dark by now. But I could still see his face and I didn't want to see it.

"I just don't know what to say." He said, awkwardly and rubbed his palms together.

By now, I snapped.

"Maybe an apology would be good." I said in a dry tone.

I don't even know why I said that. Maybe I just wanted to know that he's guilty.

Or maybe because I just want to put all the blame on him.

Even though it's wrong and I shouldn't do that. But it was just easier to believe that he's responsible for everything. All the hurt and the pain that I've been through, it was easy believing that it was all because of him.

"I didn't say sorry because I didn't deserve an apology," he said softly, his eyes downcast. "And also because I know that you'll brush it off."

I scoffed and looked down at my hands that were clasped together.

Why am I behaving like this? So bitter. Hadn't I promised myself to show no emotion?

Hate shows that you cared once, and I didn't want to do that.

"It's not hard to think that after past experiences." I said. "And it's refreshing to know that you finally realised that you don't deserve an apology."

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes and I would have fallen for that look had I not known better. He's not hurt. You need a heart to get hurt.

"I deserve it." He murmured. "I deserve to be treated this way."

Sometime passed by and I was getting sick of the awkwardness so I just said, "Why are you even here? What did you want to talk about?"

I tried not to sound irritated and I guess that didn't work because he cringed at my tone and sighed.

"I just...I thought that maybe we'd be able to talk things out." He said. "You know, maybe like talk about the differences and then I could help you get over the hurt and we can start over—"

Before he could finish his sentence, I started laughing bitterly, as if his bullshit amused the hell out of me.

I laughed like someone told me the joke of the year, while he looked at me with a bewildered expression.

"Aw man, that was real good. Do you have more of those?" I chuckled, wiping a fake tear from my eye.

His face fell at my words and he looked out of words, as if he had expected me to be so dry.

He composed himself soon enough and said, "That probably came out wrong. All I wanted to say was that maybe I can help you through the pain. Maybe I can heal you. We're mates, Olivia. I think—"

"What, huh? What did you think? That you'll come here, spew some bullshit out of your mouth and then get away with that? Or did you think that I'll once again, like always, fall for your lies and sweet words and fall back into your arms?"