Chapter 38: Finale

So this is the finale. I hope you liked it and enjoyed Tonight. Anyway, here it is.

I went on my phone and texted everyone in the Brad Simpson Search Party and told them I received a call from him and we are tracking him down. Everyone rushed to our location to help find Brad.

I stayed by myself, for I wanted to be alone when I find Brad. If. I tried to calling the number Brad called me from but alas, it wasn't reaching him. He must've used a street phone.

~

Friday, November 18, 2022 4:37 a.m.

I threw the clock out the window. It's been already a week since Brad has escaped from the hospital. That means one week of the search party. I feel that when we take one step forward, he takes two steps forward.

I get out of bed and get dressed in the usual. A pair of skinny jeans, a t-shirt, a flannel shirt (mostly Brad's), Brad's Vans, his beanie, and Brad or my peacoat. That's all I have been wearing this past week. I made the mistake on wearing heels and good clothes for the search. You have to run a lot so you can imagine what happened since it's been raining buckets in England.

I grab my purse and umbrella and step out into the rain. My clothes slowly starts getting drenched. I look like a Dalmatian with all the dark spots on my clothes.

It starts raining hard. I'm the only one out today.

*Yesterday night*

"'Tammy, there is a major storm tomorrow. We are going to stop the search and continue it when it gets better.'

'No.'

'No? There's thunder and lightning in the area. You can get hurt!'

'And what about Brad?! I am not going to rest until Brad is in my arms again. And no one will stop me. Not even if it kills me.'

"But Tammy...'

'But Tammy nothing.'"

My phone begins to buzz.

Emergency Weather Alert! Severe thunderstorms in your area! Please stay in shelter!

I ignore it. No one is going to stop me. Tonight I will find Brad. Even in all the storm.

"When you came out to watch the stars with me, I felt that I had won you back. Even if we part, our hearts will always find their way back to each other."

That quote stayed in my head. Our hearts will always find their way back to each other. Always.

I continued walking in the storm. It was so cold. My skin was ice pale. I looked like a walking icicle with clothes on.

I looked to the ground and saw a blood trail. Alarmingly, I followed it. Getting closer and closer, I saw a silhouette, shivering in the cold.

Maybe I should take him to shelter? It's really cold out. 10°C.

I went closer.

"Hello..." it turned it's head towards me. I recognize that face anywhere. I kneel down and wrap my arms around him.

"Who are you?" He asked. I took my chances and tactlessly kissed him. He kissed me back, softly biting my lips. We stopped when we heard the thunder. "Tammy?" He whispered weakly. Tears fell down my cheeks.

"Yes. Brad, I'm Tammy." I cried. He put his arms around my neck.