Chapter 36: A Sign

"Mum. Mum. Mummy!" I hear Brenda's voice, pulling me from the void of slumber. I squint my eyes and see the car has stopped and saw Joe is napping. I felt dizzy and my right arm was in pain.

I get up and get out of the car. Brenda was looking at me. I slip into the driver's seat and grab the keys in the cup holder where Joe put them. I turn the car on and see the time. 5:31 a.m. I put the car on D and put my foot on the accelerator. The car starts and I start my search over again.

I call his name over and over again. I go through every street and neighborhood. And still, there was no sign of Brad. I went through every corner for Brad.

My phone began to ring. I looked and saw it was the police. I answered immediately.

"Hello? Is this Tammy Scaletta-Simpson?" The voice asked.

"Yes."

"We have found traces of your husband in Chigwell. We suggest you come over here and end your search in London."

"I will. Thank you so much."

"No problem Mrs. Simpson." And the call ended. I braked the car as hard as I could and Joe hit the window.

"Damn!" He yelled. Brenda got up and looked at him.

"There's sign of Brad in Chigwell. We're going down there now."

"Really?"

"Really. Now let's stop dallying and go find Brad."

I got out of the driver's seat and slipped into the passenger's seat. I was quiet. I didn't want to speak and ruin my happiness. Brad might be nearby. His memory loss is a curse. Was. I hope he remembers who I am.

We arrive at the scene and the police are there. I spring into action and see what his 'trace' was. It was his green shirt. I picked it up and smelled his faintest scent.

"We've called the bloodhounds to pick up his scent. He may or may not be nearby." Hue officer said. I smiled and clutched his shirt.