Chapter 7

I woke up early the next morning to a bright light shining in my face. Groaning I opened my eyes and saw a sleepy Jonathan Crane in the doorway. I sat up quickly and covered myself with his shirt. He stood there looking at me like a deer in headlights. I got out of bed and walked over to him.

"Sorry, get some sleep" I told him softly before walking out the door and down the hall where the living room was. I walked in and saw Ivy, Salena and Harley sat on the middle sofa. I sneaked up behind them but just as I was about to jump out Selena ruined it.

"Hello kitten" She purred to me. I stood up and frowned.

"I will get you" I promised them. The girls laughed and turned to look at me.

"Well you definitely suit brown" Ivy noted winking at me. I felt my face turn bright red as I looked down and realised I was still in just Johns shirt. I slapped myself in the head for being so stupid then sat on John's sofa next to the girls.

"I don't really know anything about any of you. I just have heard rumours" I said truthfully. "But you seem pretty cool girls" I said to them hoping they would give me more of a background on them. They all smiled at me and Selena spoke first.

"Well" She purred pulling out the necklace I gave her. "As you know I like shiny things and steal what I want. But all together me Harl's and Red here make up the Gotham City Sirens" She announced proudly. Sirens? Isn't that what Aaron said something about at my first visit to Arkham?

"Well as you know, I control plants but can't have any human contact, unless you have the cure because, well my name says it all. Poison Ivy, but the Sirens always call me Red because of my hair she admitted. The Sirens are the most feared group in Gotham so nobody messes with us except Batman" She grumbled at the end.

"Batman is annoying" I admitted. "I mean first time I see him he tackles me down and cuffs me thinking I was Harley!" I exclaimed remembering what happened. The girls giggled and looked at Selena who wasn't impressed.

"Me and him will be having words later" She muttered. I looked at her confused. "We have an on off relationship, it's complicated" Was al she said, I made an 'O with my mouth and looked at Harley.

"And you Missy?! What happened to ya big dreams?" I asked her. She laughed and began to explain what happened.

"Basically Mistah J was ma patient at Arkham, but he was so sweet to me, I fell for ma Puddin' and went to ma life of crime!" She explained as if it was the best thing she ever did.

"Oh Harl's" I laughed shaking my head.

"So how come you came to Gotham?" Ivy asked curiously. I felt the colour drain from my face at the question. I cleared my throat and began to explain. Harley took my hand and squeezed it in reassurance and I smiled to her in response.

"Well when Harley left for Gotham it was just me, maa and paa. Things were good for a while because I played the role of the bitchy blonde school girl to keep them all happy, but I knew it wasn't me and I had a boyfriend Jack, who I thought understood. After a year past my father started to beat me, like break ribs and cut me for not being perfect to his standards. That's when shadow, my alter ego came back to me. She took over making my pain disappear but she was too violent to keep out for a long time, so I kept her locked away and under control." I paused and took a deep breath.

"Things got worse and Jack and I were on a rocky road and one day I snapped. I went to a gothic shop, started to be me. But Jack wasn't happy, we had an argument, I went to his and broke it off. When I came home my paa was there and he broke these ribs" I pointed to the bottom left ribs.

"Shadow patched me up and when I went to school my 'friends called me a freak, slut and other stuff and I snapped when I found out Jack had been cheating on me with another girl. Shadow took over, slit their throats, I then cut jacks wrists, then his throat and got this" I pulled out his vile of blood from my bra and showed them. "I went home and Paa was going to send me away to Gotham, I killed him too, drained the accounts and jumped on the next plain here" I said looking up at them