Chapter 5

I was woken from my daydream by a light knocking on my door.

"Come in" The door opened to reveal Aaron. I motioned him to come in and sit down.

 "Your next patient is two face he should be here in about 10 minutes" He told me. I nodded.

 "I must ask a favour though, if you could bring me an unloaded gun, Harvey’s coin and if you hear gunshots in the first five minutes don’t come in unless I press the buzzer. I have read his file and want to conduct an experiment. I have read his file." I said. He looked hesitant but finally nodded.

 "I will be back in five with them" He said walking to the door. I thanked him and tided the room around putting my book away.

 'You look different as Shadow you know. You should see yourself' Jonathan’s words echoed in my head. What did he mean by that exactly? I was brought from my thoughts from Aaron entering the room with a small box. I stood up and put it on the table seeing everything I asked for inside.

 "Thank you" I smiled up at Aaron.

 "Welcome, I’ll go and get Two Face now" He said. I nodded and took all the items out of the box except the gun. I placed his coin in front of where he would be sitting and grabbed my phone and a small speaker. I loaded the song Everyday by Shy FX and skipped it to the section where the gunshots go off. Pausing it i waited for Harvey and made sure the gun was empty. The door then opened with an aggravated Harvey who was thrown down on the chair by some guard I didn't recognise.

 "I would rather you not through my patients down like a ragdoll" I said harshly to the guard. He gave out a dry laugh and mumbled under his breath as he walked out.

 "Hello Mr. Dent. I’m Miss. Williams, your new physiologist" I introduced myself.

 "Hello and please call me Harvey" He replied shortly, I nodded.

 "Look down onto the table Harvey, you will find something you like" He did as pleased and saw him snatch up the coin cradling and flipping it around in his hands. He held it tightly in his hands and inspected every inch of the coin. I laughed a little at this and his eyes snapped up to me, eyes slitted.

 "What’s so funny" He spat at me.

 "No, not funny Harvey, sweet. You look after the coin like it was your child and hold onto it as if it is the only thing keeping you alive" I said to him. He relaxed and nodded.

"It has kept me alive for now" He told me. I nodded.

"I read your file and it says your trigger happy. Would you do me a favour of listening to something for me, then telling me how you feel after, first as Harvey Dent, then as two face" I asked them both. They nodded and I grabbed my phone to press play. Screaming and gunshots flooded the room. I looked at Harvey and saw he was smiling widely at the sound. I stopped it as the song continued to play.

 "So Harvey, how did that make you feel, and two face please let him speak truthfully" I said sternly.

 "I don't like the gunshots and the fear of others. I want to be free" He started to mumble under his words. His head then snapped up and looked at me straight in the eyes.

 "Ignore that weak minded fool, that sound was music to my ears, I haven't heard for so long" He smiled happy. I nodded my head and placed the gun on the table. Two face snatched it up and took out his coin.

 "Show me how you work two face" I said to him.

 "Gladly" He flipped his coin, caught it and slapped it against his hand revealing a scratched side of the coin.