Chapter 3

As we entered the history class Tess took me over to the teacher sat at the front of the class. She looked like an older version of Tess.

"Hey mom, this is Hayley, she is the transfer student from Texas" Tess said full of excitement. Her maa smiled up at me and extended her hand which I took.

"Hello Hayley, I'm Miss. Harper" She introduced herself. I smiled politely at her before Tess pulled me over to her seat in the class before the bell went off.

"Hello class, today we will begin our final assignment for the year. I don't believe you will all want to waste any time doing pointless and quite frankly boring history lessons so you can start it now and get good grades." The class murmured or nodded in agreement with Miss. Harper.

"Your assignment is simple. You need to research a place or area in Gotham you have little to no information about and write an essay with diagrams and pictures of the history and uses of the place you have chosen" She finished. The class burst into excited chatter. Miss Harper told us we have 10 minutes to decide on the place we wanted to write an essay on.

"What place are you doing?" I asked Tess who was in deep thought.

"Probably the GCPD building, apparently it's got a lot of history which should get me good grades" She said. I looked over to the girls and guys in front of me and asked them the same question.

"I'm going to do the abandoned warehouses on the outskirts of town" Sam said

"I'm doing Wayne enterprise as I don't have a clue what he actually does" Sapphire said embarrassed. I smiled at her before Bobby answered

"I'm doing Gotham as a whole and how it came to be"

"I'm doing the same" Sasha chimed in.

"What about you" Tess asked just as her mother called the attention of the class. She scowled at nothing in particular for being cut off. "Alright class tell me your places so I can write them down" Miss. Harper said. The class went round telling her their places when she called out my name I simply answered.

"Arkham Asylum" The class looked at me as if I had two heads so I explained myself. "I have only been in Gotham for 3 days..." The all looked away as Miss. Harper carried on asking the class.

"You are so lucky! Arkham is like the most interesting place in Gotham" Tess gushed slightly jealous. I giggled and shrugged my shoulders at her.

"There are some weirdo's in there though" Bobby said.

"Like Joker and Harley Quinn" Sasha agreed. I felt a slight anger build up but before I could say anything Tess chimed in.

"Hey! You take that back! Joker is hot and so is Harley! She is just misunderstood!" Tess pouted backing her up. This made me smile to know I'm not the only one who thought she wasn't crazy. But who the hell is this joker character?

"I agree with Tess. My best friend was her, Harley's sister... She was lovely from when I knew her" I mumble into nothing. They all looked at me shocked once more and I rolled my eyes at them.

"That... is... AWESOME!" Tess screamed casing the class too look at her. I laughed and shook my head.

"Let's keep that between us okay? I asked them all. They nodded in return and looked behind me at an approaching Miss. Harper.

"Tess dear, please don't scream the class down" She smiled at her.

"Sorry mom" She mumbled.

"Miss. Williams can you follow me please, I wish to speak to you in privet." Miss. Harper said looking down at me. I nodded and grabbed my bag following her to her office in the back of the class. She motioned for me to take a seat opposite her and I did, placing my bag on the floor and my hands in my lap nervously. She smiled at me and began to speak.