tell | 22

Chapter 22:
Tell

"How many tears are you gonna cry?"
-K. Michelle (Can't Raise a Man)

Daniel was casually laying in the middle of his bed, his phone clutched tightly in his hands. He's been in the same spot for the past hours and has refused to move. His phone was going to die any minute, so he wasted those last few battery moments on Instagram. He scrolled through many different pictures and videos. Most of them relating to life hacks. He eventually got bored of people messing with different household items and took a look at the things his fans have tagged him in. It being a lot. He smiled at a few and even went out of his way to like some. Just because he wasn't happy, doesn't mean he couldn't make someone else happy.

Eventually his phone did shut off, being completely dead. Daniel sighed as he threw his phone on the other side of the bed. He sat up in his spot, running his hands through his hair with a sigh. He was clearly irritated with how this entire situation played out. Jonah was really the only one who still talked to him. Zach would occasionally, but it was obviously only quick words before they went separate ways. Daniel frowned, throwing himself back on his bed once more deciding to just stare at the ceiling and hope this all blows over.

Apparently God wasn't on his side, as his door had opened before it was slammed shut behind whoever has entered. Daniel was a little startled and snapped his head to see who the mystery person was. It being the one and only Corbyn Besson. He stood in front of the door, putting his gaze on everything but Daniel. The brunette covered himself with the blankets a little scared on why the faux blonde has entered his shared room.

"Look Daniel, I know this isn't the best time to apologize but then again when is?" Corbyn let out a dry chuckle. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about this whole thing. I'm really just confused I guess."

"Confused about what?"

Corbyn now put his full attention on the brunette who slowly raised from his bed. He now sat up, waist up visible. The faux blonde frowned at the sight. His skin no longer had that glow and his eyes were red and puffy. His hair laid flat against his forehead as his lips seemed to be permanently stuck in a frown.

"I don't know. The books...you" Corbyn replied. He walked closer, Daniel taking caution. Corbyn stopped when he was a safe distance away.

"What about me?" Daniel wondered now. If anytime was the best to get answers out of the blonde, it was now. Corbyn dropped his eyes to the floor, it suddenly getting really interesting. Daniel stood from his bed now and moved so he was arms length from the other.

"You-You make me feel different."

Daniel got closer.

"Is that a good different?"

"Like I said, I don't know."

Daniel stepped closer.

"Do you wanna find out?"

Corbyn looked up so they locked eyes. He hadn't realized how close they were until now. He cheeks tinted red as he let out a shaky breathe.

"Y-Yes."

Daniel nodded as he slowly moved so his and Corbyn's lips were inches from each other. Any second and the two would finally know what it feels like. And being too eager, Corbyn smashed his lips to Daniel's. He rested his hands on the other's soft cheeks, while Daniel allowed his to rest on the blonde's chest. It was a slow kiss. Neither one of them daring to test the waters. But something must have clicked as Corbyn pushed him away. He looked at Daniel scared, his hands shaking.

"Corbyn?" Daniel wondered in worry.

"N-No. No. Oh, what did I just do?" Corbyn mumbled to himself as he took a few steps back.

"Corbyn" Daniel tried again. The older looked at him, but a fire burned.

"No! I just cheated because of you!" He snapped, making Daniel step back in caution. "What is wrong with me? I have Christina."

"I'm sorry" The brunette squeaked out.

"Oh my God! What am I going to do?" He looked at Daniel once again. "That kiss meant nothing. Nothing! I love Christina and Christina only" those words hit Daniel hard. He even started to tear up once again. He shook under Corbyn's cold stare.

"But I love you too."

Corbyn's features softened.

"No you don't. Those dumb books just started messing with your head. You think you do, because in the story you do" Corbyn replies calmly. Daniel shook his head.

"If anything, those books opened up my eyes. Corbyn I really do-" he was cut short.

"No Daniel! You don't! Because I sure as hell don't love you" Corbyn shouted as he started towards the door.

"Corbyn..."

The blonde just sighed as he opened the door and walked out. And when the door had closed once again, Daniel fell to the floor letting the tears he didn't even know he had flow. Just when he thought he couldn't hurt anymore, he feels his heart shatter completely.

-

"Oh, he's dead meat" Zach muttered through gritted teeth. He even began to get up from his spot, but was pulled back by Daniel. The brunette looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Please don't. I don't need him hating me even more. Just stay here and cuddle me" Daniel says, his voice wavering. Zach thought about it before letting out a sigh.

"Fine. But next time I see him, there will be no promises on me kicking his ass" Zach states as he lays next to Daniel once more. The brunette just rolls his eyes as he begins to ramble on about what he had seen on Instagram. But Zach just kept thinking about ways he was going to talk with Corbyn. One option consisted of them sitting down and having a conversation over a steaming hot cup of tea. Maybe along with a bowl of cut up fruit, the knife nearby.

"Thank you, Zach" Daniel smiles.

"No problem, Dani" Zach smiled back.

-

I'm sorry...

-Nevaeh