okay | 10

Chapter 10:
Okay

"Bitch you crazy"
-Blackbear (Do Re Mi)

Zach's father had pulled into the known driveway to the Herron household. For Zach's sudden confession, the rest of the car ride was extremely quiet. The only thing heard was the radio playing soft tunes and other cars that managed to drive by. No one cared to say a word, too scared it might make or break the loving relationship they have as a family.

The small family exited the car and neatly entered the house. Reece bounced her way up to her room, Ryan following not too long after. He looked at Zach with a small smile before leaving out of view. Zach just stood by the doorway wondering if he should leave now and never return. He knew his parents were religious and always kept a firm thought on how males should only date females. They were so strict on it, they had Zach believing it. He himself was pushing all feelings and thoughts aside, as he knew having a romantic relationship with another guy was disgusting. Something people shouldn't do.

Now he's not so sure.

All those white lines that he could see clearly, are now blurred.

"Zachary, please come take a seat" his father spoke while motioning him towards the main room. His mother was already sitting on the soft couch, a warm comforting smile plastered on her beautiful face. The brunette released a deep breath, nodding as he followed his own father into the room. His father took a seat near his mother, while he sat diagonal from the pair; in a recliner chair. He curled in a ball, getting ready to be disowned by who he could call family.

"Are you sure?" His mother spoke first. It completely threw Zach for a loop. He looked between his parents. He once again brought his lip between his teeth thinking about it.

Is he sure?

And the second he began thinking about Jack and how close they were, he shook his head hesitantly. No matter what, the curly haired singer got his mind flowing and heart beating.

"Y-Yeah. I'm gay" he managed out. And he cringed when he seen his father look down at the floor. But when his mother put her hand on her husband's shoulder, Zach had a little bit of hope that everything will be okay. They'll understand and allow him to be him. If not, he can always call Daniel and rant until he tired himself out.

"You know Zach..." His father began, still looking at the ground. It made Zach's heart beat rapidly. "...I grew up believing that people had to love a certain way. And if you changed it, then you're a sinner" his father looked up and locked eyes with him. "But that doesn't matter. Only because that one way that people should love, is unconditionally, with their family. And Zach I love you, so be gay if you want. I'm just happy that you told us" he smiled. Zach released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. His parents stood to their feet and opened their arms.

Zach felt tears prick his eyes as he stood too and engulfed them in a hug. It was nice. It was comforting. It made Zach understand that he'll be just fine.

"I love you guys too" he whispered as they broke the hug. His parents nodded in understanding. His mother even cupped his rosy cheeks and smiled bright.

"I still want grandbabies though" Zach laughed at her words, bringing her in for another hug.

-

Zach sat at his desk within his bedroom and laughed at something Daniel had just said over the phone.

Immediately after Zach was allowed to attend to his own bedroom, he thought it was necessary to call the one person from the band that knew one of his many secrets. And it was great, because Daniel had shared his own story about how he told his parents he was pansexual. Now the only people they had to tell was the rest of the band and the fans. Yeah, the band knew about the little kissing show back in Daniel's room, but they didn't know if they were truly gay or not. Now they have an answer.

"Kids! Dinner's done!" Zach's mother shouted from the dining room. Zach looked at his closed door, before putting it back on Daniel. The blue eyed brunette heard and understood.

"I'll call you later, Dani" Zach smiled.

"Later, Zachy" Daniel winked back, before being the one to end the call.

Zach sighed in content as he got up from his spot in his chair. He stuffed his phone in his pocket as he elegantly began to exit his room and start towards the dining room. But just as he stepped off the last step to the house staircase, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out as Reece zipped past him, a giggle escaping her lips. Zach smiled at her, before looking at his phone to see what the notification was about.

It was a text message.

Gabriela:

Don't want Jack finding out about these

Zach was confused as he had no idea what she was talking about. Or that was until another message popped up. It was a video. A video of Gabriela holding his phone before going through it. And when she clicked the app that Zach finds himself on constantly, his face paled greatly. Zach found himself responding quicker than thought of.

Zach:
You wouldn't dare

It wasn't until Zach was sitting at the table with his family did he get a response back. He immediately pulled his phone out, his nerves rising greatly.

Gabriela:

Oh Zachy, don't worry. I won't. Unless I'm tested

"Zach, no phones at the table" his mother lightly scolded as she placed a few noodles on her daughter's plate. Zach looked at her for a moment before nodding and placing it back in his pocket. He could feel his pocket blowing up with texts, the temptation of wanting to read each and every message, tugging at him dangerously. He even had gotten a call, not being able to answer. It wasn't until he excused himself to the bathroom, was he finally able to take his phone out and look at it.

24 new messages.

1 missed called.

Zach opened the messages first.

19 new messages from Dani.

2 new messages from Bean.

1 new message from Jo.

1 new message from Gabriela.

1 new message from Noodles.

Zach's heart stopped as he seen a new message from Jack. And from what he could see, the messages didn't look too good. All of them surrounding something noted as a secret.

Zach exited the message to see who had called him. And he swear he couldn't breath as he seen that it was none other Jack Avery.

-

Oh, Lord have mercy on Zach's soul. And tell me if you all like this so far.

-Nevaeh