confused | 5

Chapter 5:
Confused

"Caught me slippin' up"
-PRETTYMUCH (Open Arms)

Zach slammed his shared bedroom door close as he soon began to pace back and forth. His fingers couldn't keep still as he was constantly fiddling with them. His pink lower lip was stuck tightly between his teeth, the taste of warm iron blood flowed from how hard he was biting. It was as if he was a ticking time bomb and any second he would explode. His heart raced at a high pace, causing millions of thoughts to fill his mind. He had no reason to think such dirty thoughts about someone of the same gender. All his life, Zach grew up knowing that men liked females and that females liked men. It's why his parents love each other dearly; and decided to create such a beautiful family together. But the more he thought about it, Zach's stomach would flip and turn all over. When he imagined the other male known as Jack holding him in his arms, Zach was content.

"No. No. That's wrong. Stop it" Zach scolded himself as he reached for his hair. He tugged on it lightly as he took a seat on Corbyn's bed. He covered his face with his hands, feeling his body shake in fear.

Some silly fan fiction that he read, created by a fan is not going to be the reason he starts questioning his sexuality. If he really was gay, then he would have known by looking at guys. He would have known the second he would grab hold of Jack's hand; or hug him tight; or even give small pecks on his cheek. He would have known.

And when hearing the door knob twist and the white door soon swing open, Zach quickly dove under Corbyn's blankets shielding himself from whomever decided to enter. He heard the door close shut, before feet getting closer. The bed had dipped the tiniest making Zach clutch the the blankets closer to his small frame. A soft chuckle was heard, allowing the youngest to know exactly who was there.

"What happened Zach? Are you okay?" It was Daniel; and he seemed even more concerned than when he accidentally fallen off stage and dislocated his knee. The worry, brought tears to Zach's eyes. He didn't want now to be a time where he suddenly confessed all the built up thoughts and feelings. But slowly bringing the covers down, Zach had shown his obviously distressed presence. His hair was a lot messier and his face was pale, except for his cheeks and nose that seemed to shift red from all the emotional actions. His eyes brimmed with tears as he looked at the older brunette sitting before him.

"No" Zach choked out. The singular word, broke the seventeen year old boy. He hid his face in his hands, while Daniel immediately got closer to bring the other into a comforting hug. It only made Zach cry even harder.

"What's wrong buddy?" Daniel questioned once again. He broke the hug the slightest, hoping he could see Zach's now tear stained face. Zach just dropped his hands, looking at Daniel through his blurry vision.

"I don't know. I don't know Daniel. Only two days ago, I was thinking wow what great friends I have, I wouldn't trade them for the world. Now all I can think about is how I want one of my friends to love me more than a friend should" Zach speaks as if he was disgusted in himself. And he was. He shouldn't be falling for someone he has to work with. Especially sense they're friends. If they did date and then break up, it would be nasty. Terrible for everyone, as it could lead to drastic things like the band splitting up.

"Jack?" Daniel whispered in awe. Zach dropped his stare from Daniel and fell back so he was staring up at the ceiling. Daniel copied his motions, the two just laying in pure silence. "Is it bad if I say that I would love it, if you two got together?" Daniel asked, causing the other to chuckle. Daniel smiled himself, turning his head the slightest to look at Zach.

"Is it bad if I say that I would love it, if you and Corbyn got together?" Zach replied with a smirk. Daniel's face flushed as he went back to looking at the ceiling.

"Touché Herron."

Their moment was soon ruined as the door once again flung open revealing Corbyn. He ran and jumped between the two, a wide smile spread across his face. Zach and Daniel just rolled their eyes at his immaturity.

"We're going out for dinner. Wanna join?" Corbyn asked as he looked between the two. Daniel was the first to sit up, breaking eye contact with the fake blonde. It made Corbyn frown as all day Daniel has acted nothing but colds towards him. And Zach knew exactly why.

"Yeah, why not?" Daniel sighed. He stood to his feet, exiting the room as quickly as he could. Corbyn sat, watching the other go in confusion. He then put his attention to Zach who too was looking at Daniel's retreating form.

"What's wrong with him?" The blonde asked curiously. Zach just shrugged with a sheepish smile, getting up himself and making his way towards the bathroom. From what he knew, he wasn't going to go out looking like he just cried waterfalls.

-

It was nearing nine o'clock and the five boys have just gotten done with eating a delicious dinner. They were just roaming the streets of Los Angeles, California, it being too beautiful. It was just the right amount of warm, a light breeze blowing by every now and then. All smiles were present as they chatted about nothing yet everything. Zach was actually having a debate with Jonah and Daniel, when Jack had suddenly popped up pulling Zach from the discussion. Jack's arm was wrapped securely around the younger's shoulders, his eyes twinkling in the light. Zach already felt his cheeks tinting and his heart beginning to beat rapidly. Daniel smiled at the sight, before he noticed Corbyn had approached next to him not even a few seconds later.

Then his smile was gone and he squeezed his way between Jack and Jonah. Corbyn frowned, thinking something was wrong with him.

"What we talkin' about?" Jack asked, looking at Jonah and Daniel before looking at Zach. The younger boy just removed Jack's arm and scooted closer to Corbyn; knowing he needed the space. Jack was a little upset.

"How Jonah should definitely grow a beard" Daniel answered. Jonah shook his head with a laugh.