dinner | 13

Chapter 13:
Dinner

"I hope people change"
-Troye Sivan (Fools)

The five males that belonged to a boy band had stepped out of their personal black van, fixing their outfits when they had seen the restaurant they would be attending. It was kind of fancy, making them cringe at how they sure enough don't belong there. Zach even looked back, hoping that their ride was still here. It wasn't and so they were stuck.

"There's a McDonald's just down the street?" Jack smiled. All the boys nodded as to agree, before heading in the direction Jack was motioning towards. It was a silent walk, only the sound of cars and other people going by. And it also seemed to be an awkward walk. None of them knew what to say to each other; it was hard to break the awful tension that seemed to be growing between them.

"So..." Jonah spoke up. " ...how was everyone's vacation?"

They looked at him with blank stares.

"Fine" Daniel replied, causing the others to agree. It made Jonah roll his eyes and sigh. He looked at the four boys on either side of him and noticed that they refused to even look at each other. Whatever is going on between them, goes further than just a kiss Daniel and Zach had shared.

"Great, we're here. You four go sit down, I'll order for us" Jonah smiled as he opened the fast food restaurant door.

"But-" Corbyn tried to cut in. His words were instantly shot down by the cold stare Jonah had gave him. The guys agreed to Jonah's orders, before going to go find a seat in the back. There weren't many people, but they still wanted to be safe; especially from whatever fans who decided to randomly show up. They chose to sit at a booth, making sure Jonah had enough room to sit also. Corbyn and Jack sat next to each other, while Zach and Daniel sat next to each other opposite from them. Both brunettes looked at each other before pulling out their phones.

They didn't like the silence and decided to read. Maybe speed the waiting process up a little.

Zach looked through his library, knowing Gabriela already looked at what he was reading. The thought of his secret being exposed made his skin crawl. He quickly stole a glance at Jack who was already staring at him. They connected gazes, breaking away right after. Zach felt his cheeks heat up. He mentally cursed himself for allowing his guard down for even a second. If anyone could see right through him, it would be Jack. They were best friends who knew practically everything about each other.

Not anymore.

Now it seemed to be more Zach and Daniel.

Zach turned his attention back towards his phone and clicked whatever book that was there. It being: Noodle Boy | Jachary | Book One.

Zach found himself grimacing at the first chapter. His father was homophobic that refused to accept him as his son. Zach couldn't be anymore thankful knowing his parents within real life didn't care if he was gay or not. He was glad that both his parents didn't look at him any differently. But he's still a little worried on how the boys and the rest of the world would take it. He took a glance at Daniel, to see that he looked to be frowning. Zach nudged him, causing Daniel to look up quickly and gaze at him feeling flustered.

Zach giggled while Daniel put his phone away altogether.

And it was perfect as Jonah had just began arriving with their tray worth of food. He placed it on the empty table while taking a seat next to Jack. All the boys thanked the oldest and instantly dug into their food. It wasn't anything special, yet it definitely clenched their appetite. When seeing them all laughing and talking the slightest with each other, Jonah just assumed that they were hungry and needed something to relax them.

"So what did you guys wanna tell us?" Jonah speaks after he took a sip from his cold beverage. Instantly Zach and Daniel freeze. They knew this moment was coming eventually; and yet they still aren't prepared. For all they know, the other three are secret homophobes and will kick them out the band once they come clean. And no matter how many times they might say that they don't care, they still are going to be that tiny bit of disgusted with people who love the same gender.

Daniel is the one to look at Zach, nudging him the slightest. Instantly Zach looks back at him with a frown. The two have a stare off, forgetting that the others were still with them. But soon Zach nods as to say it's okay. Daniel grabs his hand under the table before opening his mouth to speak.

"I'm pansexual and Zach's gay. And before you guys start shaming us, just know we don't care. We are who we are, and if you don't like that, we can always find new friends" Daniel answers, it soon turning into a rant. Zach looked at him with a smile, squeezing his hand for comfort. And for the both of them, it feels like a weight being lifted from their shoulders. It was a small weight, as the biggest and final one will be gone as soon as they tell their fan base.

Silence surrounded the five. It made Zach and Daniel feel queasy.

"Well..." Jonah spoke up first. All heads snapped towards him, and he did nothing but smile. "...I'm glad you told us. I don't know about the other two, but I accept you. You're like the two younger brothers that keep me on my toes."

Zach and Daniel smiled.

"Thanks, Jo" Zach breathed.

They turned towards the other two now.

"Like I said before. I don't care if you're gay or not. You're still you and I accept you" Corbyn states, making Zach and Daniel nod in content. Everyone faces Jack. He was sitting quietly messing with the many rings that littered his fingers. He finally looked up, the two feeling their hearts beat rapidly. He held no emotion, making them think that he would be the one to think bad on their homosexuality.

"One thing" Jack finally says. They look with interest. "No more secrets" he locked gazes with Zach, making the pale boy frown. And he wouldn't admit it, but Jack felt his heart break just the tiniest.

"Done" Daniel blurts.

"Okay then. It never really mattered to me anyway. You be you. I just don't want to see any naked dudes running around our house" Jack replies, causing a few laughs from everyone. Just not Zach. He now had his arms crossed, looking out the nearest window.

And it wasn't long before the guys decided that they should start heading home. It was going on ten o'clock, making the boys a little tired. Especially from how long their day had been from the flights and time zone differences. Zach was actually just about to exit the fast food restaurant, when he had bumped into someone. He stepped back from the glass door in a daze. Quickly shaking his head to apologize.

"Oh, uh sorry."

The person in front of Zach was looking down so he wasn't able to see his face. But when the stranger did lift his head, Zach was in shock.

"No, it's okay."

They locked gazes.

"Jared, right?" Zach wondered with a small smile.

"Yeah, and your that cutie who fell in my lap. Zach?" Jared responded, a smirk playing on his lips as he seen Zach blush.

"Again, I'm sorry about that" he chuckled.

"How about you make it up to me?" Zach looked at the other in shock. "Let me take you out?"

Zach felt himself burning up in the face. He bit his lip, while finding himself playing with the ring that rested on his finger.

"Sure."