listen | 8

Chapter 8:
Listen

"You got some nerve trying to tear my faith apart"
-Camila Cabello (I Have Questions)

Jack was half-way down the stairs when Daniel managed to grab hold of his arm and stop him. The two locked eyes for a split moment before Jack yanked his arm back, a scowl plastered on his face. The curly haired male didn't know why he was so mad at his two band mates. He should be happy for them; glad that the two found comfort in each other and decided to express their feelings in a way that makes them feel love. Those emotions were not what was coursing through him at all.

Jack throws a glare towards Daniel before stomping down the stairs.

"Could you stop being an ass for a second and just hear me out!?" Daniel shouted. Both Jack and Daniel went wide eyed. Daniel never uses such foul language. None of them do really; so when one of them accidentally let's it slip, it's serious.

"What for? Because what I just seen explains it all" Jack seethed back. His jaw was clenched tight, making everyone know he was obviously angry. Daniel didn't know why, Jack's usually the understanding one within the band.

"I don't understand why you're getting all worked up about this? Yeah, we kissed. But it was for a purpose!" Daniel spoke, his voice raising with each word.

By now Corbyn heard the commotion and decided to make his way from the kitchen and towards the stairs to see what was going on. He was surprised to see Jack and Daniel in each other's faces.

"What's going on?" Corbyn trailed as he neared closer to them. Both boys looked at the fake blonde.

"Why don't you tell him, Daniel? Seeming as it has a purpose and all" Jack scoffed with crossed arms. Daniel looked back at Jack and glared.

"Why are you seriously mad about this? After all this time, you finally want to know what's going on with Zach and I!? Go to hell Jack!" Daniel then looked between the two his breathing getting heavier. "And you want to know what we did? We kissed alright! We kissed and it was to see if we liked men. Now I don't know about Zach but... " Daniel dropped his gaze to the floor, his anger completely dropping. "...you know what? I'm leaving. Call me when Jonah gets home."

And with that, Daniel stormed out the house, Corbyn calling out for him.

"Seriously Jack?" Corbyn wondered with a frown.

"What did I do?"

Corbyn just shook his head, once again calling after the brunette while chasing him. Jack sighed, taking a seat on a step that belonged to the staircase. He understands he acted irrationally, and he had no right to me so aggressive; but seeing two of his closest guy friends kissing passionately is something quite shocking. Jack wasn't homophobic. No, he of course believed people can love who they want.

"J-Jack?" Zach choked out. The other instantly flicked his attention up towards the youngest member of the band. Zach stepped back a little scared. Knowing one of his best friends probably hated him now was eating away at his anxiety. "Please don't hate me...or Daniel" Zach spoke as he walked down the rest of the stairs.

He was about to escape the tension filled house too, when he was stopped as Jack grabbed at his hand. Zach shook under the touch, releasing the grasp immediately after.

Jack was upset now. He never wanted Zach to think lowly of him.

"Zach I don't hate you" Jack put his attention to his feet. "I-I'm just surprised."

"Surprised about what? Me being gay? Or that I kissed Daniel?" Zach wondered, taking a few steps back. He just outed himself in the worst way possible. Now everyone is fighting and Zach can't figure out how to stop it. Especially when he's the reason it was caused.

"Both I guess" Zach nodded with a frown etched on his features. "But not in a bad way. I promise I'm not homophobic" Jack quickly retaliated making Zach jump.

"I'm going to go find Daniel. Make sure he's okay" the brunette responds, not daring to look Jack in the eye.

"Zach wait!"

"I think you've said enough" Zach whispered out as he turned on his heels; quickly exiting the house.

Jack immediately tensed, hitting the closest thing to him. It was a vase, which he knocked off the stand, allowing it to shatter as it made contact with the ground. Jack then made his way upstairs, going to sit on his bed all alone. Gabbie and Christina left only a few minutes prior to their group melt down. It was the reason why Jack went upstairs interrupting Zach and Daniel in the first place.

-

"Dani! Corbyn! I know you two are here somewhere!" Zach called out as he roamed through the small forest that wasn't too far from their house.

The boys a made a secret hide out in the forest when they first discovered the place. It was a spot they went when they usually needed some time alone. It was Zach who went to the hide out the most.

"Over here Zach!" The familiar voice of Daniel called out. Zach went around a few more trees before seeing Daniel and Corbyn sitting on a large rock together. The view in front of them was a small pond. Frogs and other creatures surrounded it. Zach sighed as he seen the two and took a seat on the other side of Daniel.

The brunette smiled as he seen on how calm Corbyn is about the entire situation. He definitely took it better than Jack did. It was a little bit of shock to be honest. Corbyn sometimes ranted about how their lives should end; allowing Zach to assume the faux blonde was homophobic.

"If you two are-" Corbyn had started but was stopped.

"No, it was for experimental purposes only" Daniel spoke. Corbyn nodded at his words, a grin stretching across his face the slightest. Zach eyed him suspiciously before smiling himself.

"I don't care if you two are gay or not. You're still the Zach and Daniel I know" Corbyn continues after. Daniel looked at Zach, the two nodding with content.

"Good to know, Bean" Zach replied. Daniel nodded along, resting his head on the faux blonde's shoulder.

-

I have no idea what this trash is, but hope you enjoyed it.

-Nevaeh