boys | 12

Chapter 12:
Boys

"I was busy thinking 'bout boys"
-Charli XCX (Boys)

Today was the day Zach was allowed back home with the other four boys. He was packing his few belongings that he had brought with him, both his siblings sitting on his bed watching and occasionally helping him. He sighed as stuffed his last article of clothing in the suitcase, Ryan being the one to zip it up. Zach smiled at him, taking the suitcase and putting it on the floor. And just then, the familiar voice of their father had rung out. All three siblings looked at each other, knowing what was about to come. Reece and Ryan got off Zach's bed, being the first ones to leave the room. The brunette on the other hand grabbed hold of his belongings and looked around the room last time. Or at least the last time for a few months.

He inhaled the scent once more, smiling at the feeling it gave him. He was definitely going to miss it.

When hearing the car honk from outside, Zach quickly walked out the room and headed outside. His family was already awaiting in the car, smiles plastered on their faces. This wasn't the first time Zach had to go back and be famous; so this was something they were used to. They would watch him leave, before going back home and remembering all the good times they had; waiting to make new ones when he gets back.

"Ready son?" His father asked as Zach took his seat in the car. Zach nodded, before realizing his father couldn't see him.

"Yeah. I'm ready" he smiled. But that smile was quickly brought down as he felt the car roar alive. If he was being honest, he wasn't ready. Once he got back to Los Angeles, he's gonna have to face Jack. Face the real world and all the many things he's keeping from everyone. It was bringing back all the stress and negativity Zach had discarded not too long ago.

And it only stung more when they had finally arrived at the airport. The Herron family entered together, not wanting to waste a single drop of time away from the eldest child. They all waited patiently, soon hearing a women speak over the intercom.

"All flights heading to Los Angeles, California, please get in line to board the plane."

The voice made the whole family perk. Zach stood, a sad grin being presented to his siblings.

"Aw, we're gonna miss you Zachy" Reece cried as she brought him in for a hug. Zach chuckled at her, hugging back just as tight. The rest of the family gave the brunette a hug along with a few words. And before he could even blink an eye, Zach found himself walking past the gate to enter the plane. He looked down at his ticket, trying to search and find what out of the many seats was his.

B4.

Zach looked down many aisles until he found what he was looking for. But when looking, he could see someone was already sitting in the window seat. It was a boy, seeming to be around his age; maybe a few years older. He wasn't paying attention as his focus was out the window, ear buds at full blast in volume. Zach bit his lip, confused on what he should do. But he eventually found himself tapping the other's shoulder timidly. The action was so fast, Zach doesn't even know if he actually touched the young male. It seems as he did though, when the other took his ear buds out and turned his head to look at Zach.

And to say he was in awe was an understatement.

Zach found the stranger highly handsome. His pale skin seemed to glow, while his dark hair laid flat against his forehead obviously untouched with products. His face was sculpted in all the right ways, making his plump pink lips pop a little more. And his eyes were striking as they were a bright blue with a spark of green around the edges.

"Uh s-sorry to bother you. Just wanted you to know that this was my seat" Zach choked out, his face going red at how foolish he sounded. The random stranger just nodded as he scooted a little closer to the window, allowing Zach to assume he should take his seat. But being the klutz he is, he tripped over his own bag. He landed right in the other person's lap. "Ow."

The brunette understood what he had done and where he was laying, as he began to stare up at the other. The stranger smiled, the dimples on his cheeks forming. Zach melted even more.

"Hey" the stranger chuckled.

"H-Hey" Zach squeaked out. His cheeks went even darker as he sat up quickly. He fixed his appearance, flashing the stranger an awkward smile. Of course the other let out another laugh as he found Zach kind of cute when he was flustered.

"My name's Jared" the other male stated after a while of Zach sitting awkwardly.

"Zach."

"Well Zach, you're cute when you're blushing."

-

The seventeen year old took his luggage from out of the trunk of a taxi, before quickly going over to pay the man. And when seeing the driver take off down the street, Zach watched him go, letting out a deep sigh. The silence that soon filled the air was quickly gone as a voice rang through his delicate ears. He turned around to see it was Daniel. A bright smile was on his face as he bounced over to the youngest. They engulfed each other in a hug, Zach soon noticing that the other three boys were trailing outside not too long after.

They all seemed excited to see him. Just one wasn't the happiest at the moment. And when he went to give Jack a hug, it wasn't like before. It was a quick "hello" before they broke apart not daring to glance at one another.

"So, how about for dinner we go out? Tell each other about our vacation?" Jonah spoke out catching everyone's attention.

"Sounds perfect. Dani and I have something to tell you guys anyway" Zach replied while making eye contact with the blue eyed brunette.

"Yeah."