test | 17

Chapter 17:
Test

"I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours"
-Ed Sheeran (Happier)

Zach was casually using the bathroom when the door had suddenly burst open. He jumped from shock, looking to see who it was. And when noticing that it was Gabbie, he immediately began to pull his pants over his special area. It was a little difficult on trying his best to look presentable as she was just standing there eyeing him. Plus he was still a little surprised from her suddenly intruding a moment he was supposed to be alone for. And when he finally looked descent, he let out a deep breath, flushing the toilet and moving towards the sink. It wasn't until he began washing his hands did he finally speak up.

"Can't I pee in peace?"

Gabriela just rolled her eyes. She moved so she stood beside Zach. She turned the faucet off, causing him to turn towards her with a frown. They weren't fans of each other. It just made the tension that hung around them even thicker.

"I'm here to tell you to back off" Gabbie snarled as she pressed a finger against his chest. Zach scoffed as he pushed her hand away. "All Jack does is complain about how you're dating some Jared guy. He sounds jealous. Which can only mean one thing."

"Listen girly, what Jack does is not my fault. After all, he's your boyfriend. And if he's jealous of my boyfriend, then it means your not entertaining him like he wants" Zach replies, pushing past her completely. She followed, the two stopping in the middle of Zach's shared bedroom.

"You don't want to be testing me Zachary. I still have that video of what you like to read on your free time" Gabbie smirked evilly. She even held out her phone to taunt him the tiniest. And it must have worked when she had seen him turn red in the face.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want you to stay away from Jack. If I see you even take just as much as a glance towards him, don't think I won't expose you" she took a step closer to him. "And we don't want that, now do we?" The two of them had a stare off. Or that was until Zach clicked his tongue and turned away from her. He left the room altogether, knowing Gabbie had him wrapped around her little finger.

So many things could go wrong if she tells Jack.

With a huff, Zach found himself plopping right next to Daniel on the couch. The brunette was looking over his phone, making Zach understand that he wasn't going to get his attention. It had risen the younger's nerves even more. He couldn't rant. So crossing his arms he focused his eyes to the sight out a nearby window. It lead towards the backyard. Zach was able to see Jonah, Corbyn, Jack, and Jared all playing some lame kickball game in the grass. He smiled the tiniest at the sight and got up from his spot.

He was soon outside, catching the attention of both Jared and Jack. It made Zach instantly flustered. He didn't know what to do as they both smiled at him. He just raised his hand, waving the slightest. And he giggled the tiniest as he seen both of them wave back. He went up to the two, wrapping Jared in a tight hug and yet again sending Jack a faint smile. Jack didn't return it though. He just nodded, before looking at the ground awkwardly.

"Hey, where's Gabbie?" Jack suddenly asked. Zach rolled his eyes at her name, before motioning back towards the house.

"Last I seen, she was heading towards the bathroom" Zach answered blandly. Jack nodded at his words getting ready to say something else, but was stopped from a higher pitched voice. The three boys turned their attention to the left and seen that it was Gabbie. She had a smile on her face as she bounced her way over.

"I got a call from my mom. I have to leave. But I'll be back whenever I'm able to again" the tan female smiled towards her boyfriend. He hummed in understanding, leaning to give her a quick peck on the lips. Zach scrunched his face up in disgust. "See ya later boys" she finished as she began her journey back in the house. But Zach didn't miss the menacing glare she threw his way before she was officially gone.

"Well it's getting pretty late. How about we go on that date now?" Jared smiled down at his boyfriend. Zach smiled bright at the thought and was instantly happy once more. He tugged on Jared's arm, forcing him to move back towards the house. "Woah okay, slow down."

Zach laughed as he just kept dragging his superior partner. Jack watched them go with a frown. The pit in his stomach had grown as he watched the two leave.

"Uh Jack, we may have popped the ball" Jonah spoke sheepishly, as he gets closer to the shorter male; Corbyn right beside him. It made Jack laugh a little.

"And how did you two manage to do that?"

"Long story..." Corbyn trailed as he scratched the back of his neck. Jack shook his head, punching the blonde in the arm. They all eventually erupted into laughter, making their way into the house too.

They went their separate ways. Jonah went towards the kitchen. Jack went up the stairs and Corbyn plopped down next to Daniel with a loud "hello." The brunette jumped from his seat startled. And when seeing who was beside him, he quickly tried to turn his phone off. His face went red as he looked back at a confused Corbyn.

"D-Don't do that" Daniel choked out. And while tripping over his feet, he quickly left Corbyn behind.

The fake blonde was obviously confused as he watched the other go. But that confusion was masked as he seen Jonah enter with a bowl of grapes. Jonah seen his hungry stare and went wide eyed.

"Oh no, no."