talk | 19

Chapter 19:
Talk

"And you're not listenin'"
-Why Don't We (Talk)

The five boys entered the large house, spreading out in the main room. Both Zach and Daniel stood on one side, Corbyn and Jack on the other, while Jonah stood back and casually leaned up against a nearby wall. He was really only there just in case a fight broke out. And if one of them needed back up support, he'll put his own two sense in. He wasn't on any one's side. He really just wants their band to go back to how it used to be. Lively and fun. Not whatever emotional mess they currently are in.

It wasn't until Zach placed his phone on a nearby table that all attention was shifted. Everyone put their attention on him and his phone.

It was now or never.

The young brunette took a deep breath in, running a hand through his hair. He took his gaze from the floor and placed it on the two highly conflicted boys that stood across the room. He put his main attention on Jack, who couldn't help but stare back. Everything about how they stood just screamed how they felt. The force was undeniable. Everyone felt it. And this was way before they had gotten done with tour. The connection they have, has already grown and continued to grow the more they were with each other.

Every hug, every fake kiss, every laugh. It was what drew them closer together.

And they see that now.

"Yes. I read Jachary fan fiction. And yes Daniel reads Dorbyn fan fiction. But I don't understand what the problem is. We're not doing any harm to you. It's not like just because we read it, it means we have this burning passion for you two" Zach blurted. That's a lie. Zach couldn't control his emotions whenever Jack even just smiles at him.

He then flicked his gaze to Corbyn. "And I don't want you to feel as if it's okay to suddenly shut Daniel out. Him reading about you two was not his idea. Hell, he didn't even want to, but I forced him as I didn't want to be the only one. You just happened to be the one who walked into the kitchen first."

Corbyn's face went red as he remembered that morning. And now he understands why the two kept acting weird while he sat drinking his juice. The faux blonde moved his eye sight towards Daniel, who refused to meet eye contact with anyone. And Corbyn would be lying if he said it didn't hurt just the tiniest.

"Now I know you two might be mad, upset, or whatever...but for the sake of the band, get over it! You don't have to speak to us ever again if that's what you want. Life goes on" Zach finishes as he turns his back to go over to Daniel. He gently helped the other up, deciding that what was needed to be said was done. Now it was time for the two to go sulk in bed for the rest of the night.

Plans were changed as Zach turned back around to see Jack holding his phone. It was turned on, as he seemed to be scrolling through something. Zach immediately let go of Daniel and stalked up to the other. He went to grab for his phone, but it was quickly out of his grasp. Jack and Zach locked eyes once more, the two not saying a word.

"I never gave you the right to go through my phone" Zach muttered out while he went to reach for his phone again. He missed as Jack stepped back.

"You gave me the right the second you told me your password" Jack replied with a small grin. And he once again began to scan his eyes over the lit screen. That grin sunk into a frown.

Zach on the other hand watched him, thinking of many different things. One being on how Gabbie managed to get into his phone. No one knows his password except for Daniel and Jack.

"You told her my password?" Zach whispered out. Jack looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Told who?"

"Gabriela you idiot! She went through my phone one day and saw what I read. She's been blackmailing ever since" Zach got close once again, stabbing a finger in his chest. "And no one knows my password but you and Daniel" he gritted his teeth. Jack pushed his hand away.

"It's not like I meant to! I was busy and she managed to get it out of me" Jack states, pushing Zach back a few. The younger just gave an emotionless laugh.

"Oh, cause that makes it okay!" Zach spat back. "Give me my damn phone, Jack."

Jonah had stepped up now, moving the two apart. The glares the two were giving each other was enough to kill. Jack just pushed him out of the way.

"So you read about us?" Jack got closer, Zach's phone still clutched tightly in his hands. He couldn't lie now, the evidence was already on the still lit screen. And even if he tried to make up an excuse on why he was reading gay fan fiction about the two, Jack would be able to see right through him. "You like to imagine the two of us ending up together?"

Zach's cheeks turned darker even more as he tried to escape.

"Can I just have my phone back?" The younger squeaked out, as he tried to reach for it. But Jack thought quicker and moved it out of reach. "You can just tell me that I make you uncomfortable for being gay" he mumbled to himself while now looking down. He didn't expect for the other to hear, but he did. And his emotions were no longer irritated and confused. Now he was just upset.

"Answer my question Zach. Do you like to imagine the two of us ending up together? The two of us ending up together as if it was some lame fairytale?" Jack questioned once again.

And with a small head nod the younger managed to let out a small "yes."

At this point he didn't care about his phone. His secret was out and the whole band knew. So feeling tears prick his eyes, Zach pushed past Jack and dashed up to his room that he shared with Corbyn and Jonah.

Everyone watched him go. And with a small huff, Daniel himself pushed past the others and ran after the younger. It was his turn to comfort. Especially sense he still feels bad for being the cause of this whole thing. He didn't even look back when he felt Corbyn grab his hand lightly. He just kept going, praying that the blonde didn't want to reason with him now.

-

I'm saying this now. There are only a few chapters left. Sorry...

-Nevaeh