clarification | 7

Chapter 7:
Clarification

"A bunch of stereotypes all in my head"
-Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert (Same Love)

Zach was sitting at the kitchen island, Daniel right beside him. The sound around them was quiet. Neither one of them said a word as the silence was enough words said. Steaming tea sat in front of the two, sips barely taken out of the blue mugs. Many things ran through their minds as they simply stared at the cellular devices that managed to ruin their lives. The fanatasied text they continuously read, feeding them false information. Them falling for people who are straight and are already taken. Them falling for people who see them as family.

And the sulking duo found it crazy. Crazy for having some silly writing that a fan thought of, make their thoughts scramble and hearts beat ten times faster. They haven't been as close to anyone anymore. Thinking if they get any closer, then this random spell that has them trapped will only keep them attached. But if they try their hardest to push everyone around them away, then the spell would fade and everything would fall back into place.

Everything would be normal again. Even if it won't.

"I'm sorry I made you read this with me" Zach finally whispered out, his voice hoarse from the lack of using it. Daniel just looked at the dull boy beside him and chuckled.

"You should be. Every time I turn a corner, I think someone is going to kill me" Daniel laughed out, Zach looking at him puzzled. "Oh, you gotta read it! One minute I'm alive and the next I'm dead and a guardian angel" Daniel snickered yet again as Zach rolled his eyes.

"No thank you. I'm not reading about you and your little boyfriend making love or whatever" the brunette spoke, as he began mocking the same words Daniel had told him only a few days ago. Daniel rolled his eyes laughing, Zach following only a few seconds later.

The two stood from their seats, making their way into the main room where everyone else was; discarding their phones and now cold tea. And it wasn't until they sat down on the cold hard floor, beginning to start up another conversation, when a familiar face had popped up.

"Alright, now I know you boys had just gotten done with tour...but do you think you can make one more flight?" The five boys groaned, looking at someone they knew as their manager. "Oh, I thought y'all would be more happy to go and see your families. Guess not. I'll just tell my asis-" he was stopped. The five males ran up to their manager and brought him in for a tight hug.

"Thanks David" Jonah spoke, breaking the hug first.

"Yeah yeah, you boys leave in two days. Pack and don't miss your flights. I have a meeting to attend to. See y'all later" David smiled as he glanced at the boys one last time, then leaving the large home.

The five of them were then going to speak to each other about their small vacation, when two of the girlfriends had suddenly ran up, dragging their boyfriends away. Daniel and Zach looked at each other with knowing looks. Jonah caught it, pushing both of them playfully with a snicker.

"Play nice you two" Jonah whispered. Daniel let out a scoff, while Zach sighed. And before any of them could say anything else, Tatum or Tate (for short) had walked to stand beside Jonah, her phone clutched in her hands as a bright grin twitched on her lips. She eventually looked up, mumbling apologies for interrupting.