Control (Chapter 27)

11 February 2018
Momo's POV
'Rome, Italy'

I hid in my hotel room for almost twenty hours, not daring to come out.

I was extremely ashamed of myself. I did all of this, just for one single boy?

What the fuck has happened to me!?!

I fucking commited a crime of kidnapping now!!

I let myself go and brought my yandare self out... All of this wouldn't have happened if I just let go from the very start...

I can't be like this anymore. I need to turn myself in. I wouldn't want to cause any more harm to Y/N and his beautiful family.

He deserves a good, pure-hearted girl like Mina and not a bad, cold-hearted girl like me.

I then picked my phone up and started recording myself, wanting to give a message to Y/N's family.

"Y/N... Feel free to get our divorce papers... You were right. I'm stupid. I'm horrible. I'm pathetic. And probably the biggest loser in the whole entire planet. I took so much trouble to source for Ketamine... I took so much effort to photoshop that picture... I took so much time to try to hide the evidence... I took so much time to hold Tzuyu... Just for you... It's so stupid!! The whole world would definitely want to know how idiotic I am. That's why I'm recording this... I'm going to turn myself in. See you behind bars someday. Bye..."

I ended the recording and sniffled once. It was now the dead of midnight. Its time.

I peaked my head out of the hotel room and slowly headed my way down to the lobby.

I then passed by the reception area and out on to the main Street and walked directly straight to the police station.

Then, many different cars zoomed past me in the opposite direction.

I stopped and turned around, seeing all the cars stopping right outside the hotel I just left.

The people inside the car all got out and all of them had the word 'Polizia' written on their uniform.

I froze, knowing that they were actually looking for me.

I took a step forward towards the Police. Then I took a step back.

Turn myself in... NO! I-I CAN'T!

I turned away from the police and ran away once more. I'm not ready yet. I just can't...

I ran for as long as possible till I slowed down to catch my breath.

I placed my hands on my knees and breathed in and out heavily.

The sound of splashing water starting ringing into my ears. I looked up and saw the Trevi Fountain.

The very same fountain that me and Y/N threw our coin and wished for one thing.

Love.

I turned away and sat down on a open bench near the fountain and sighed heavily.

My life is so fucked up. It looks like its true. The Trevi Fountain does guarantee you a trip back to Rome... But for me, not in a happy way...

It's all my fault... I'm so fucking stupid...

"Oii!!" A loud high pitched voice yelled out from a distance, knocking me out of my deep thoughts.

I immediately raised my head, looking for the source.

Is it the Police?

I was wrong. It was a little boy playing with his football by the roadside with one of his friends.

One of them yelled at the other one because the ball nearly went on to the road.

The back of my hairs stood up, fearing something might go terribly wrong in a few seconds.

Why am I thinking like that? They should be fine...

Despite my skepticism, I stood up and went closer to the boys playing. I wanted to warn them to not play close to the road.

At least, this is will the only good thing that I'll do before I go to jail for probably a very long time... Plus with all the horrible things I done, I better do something right for once...

Right before I opened my mouth, the ball flew off and landed on the road. At that very second, the boy dashed for it and followed it.

"NO!!" I yelled out as I noticed a car coming down the road at a very high speed.

My natural instincts came in and I dashed for the boy.

Everything felt like slow motion at this point.

In one second, the car was now a few hundred centimetres away from the boy.

At another second, the boy managed to grab hold his ball but then noticed the huge beam of headlights coming straight at him.

Half a second flew, I was inches away from the boy and I pushed him hard to get him out of the way of the car.

The last remaining second passed... 

I realised...

It's too late for me.

13 February 2018
Y/N's POV
'Y/LN's House'

It's my off day today.

I have nothing to do but to lie down on the sofa and watch TV.

My two sisters were beside me, watching the drama series on the screen.

I have already told them about what happened back in Rome two days ago and Sana told me that the Italian Police is now looking for her.

"Ehhh... The drama now getting lame... Change channel please... Even Sana noona is bored..." I said as I looked over at Sana, who was cuddled up emitting soft snores beside me with her eyes shut.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes and groaned. "Fine..." She said with annoyance. It was already the tenth time I was pestering her to change channel.

Tzuyu scrolled through the selections. "What you want to watch?" She asked.

"It's going to be 10pm. Let's see the daily news." I suggested.

Tzuyu then flipped the channels and left it open in the news.

The intro of the channel started playing and there was the news reporter doing the introduction work.

"Good evening and welcome to Channel 5 News. I'm your host, Son Chaeyoung. On tonight's leading headline, a villain turned hero's life taken."

My head immediately perked up, interested to see what was going on.

"A wanted woman for kidnapping saved a boy's life before he was hit by a car. The Japanese suspect, Hirai Momo, was avoiding Italian Police's detection when she spotted two boys playing football dangerously close by the road."

My heart stopped. Did I hear the suspect's name right?

"T-tzuyu... Did you hear what I heard?" I asked.

"H-hirai M-momo..." She muttered.

"The ball then flew into the road and the boy dashed after it. Hirai then ran after the boy and pushed him out of the way. However, she herself did not make it out of the line of danger and was fatally hit by the car. She was then pronounced dead at the scene."

"Huh?! S-she's.. dead?!" I exclaimed loudly which caused Sana to wake up.

"Mm... What is..." Sana muttered out softly and she rubbed her eye.

"Momo... She's gone..." Tzuyu muttered and Sana immediately perked her head up from my shoulder.

"Huh? Did I hear you right?" Sana asked in a now fully conscious state.

"She's dead... Ran over by a car when trying to save a bit from getting hit by it in Rome..." I said.

Sana eyes were slightly wide and she immediately ran off to grab her phone.

I then heard her phone being swiped up by her and she placed it in her ear.

"Mina... Did you read the news?"