Pop Of The Question (Chapter 21)

6 February 2018
Y/N's POV
'Downtown Osaka'

It was my first day back at work.

I was assigned to do short haul flights for today to get my head back into the game after a long break.

Luckily, I heard that Mina's flights were all long distance flights so I didn't have to see her. Otherwise, it'll be just.. awkward.

Earlier, I have just completed a  really short flight from Narita to Osaka. My schedule now states that I'll have to grab a train from Osaka back into Toyko for a day's rest before more assignments.

I still had about half an hour before I have to board the Shinkansen from Shin-Ōsaka Station.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention. My girlfriend is here too with the exact same schedule with me. She too is required to board the famous bullet train to Toyko together with me before going our separate ways.

Momo is happy to be back here in her own birthplace, though not exactly but its still quite close.

Right now, we were in casual clothing and shopping around the major shopping district since she wanted some stuff that girls would want.

The place is packed with many shoppers on a weekend at that golden evening hour.

I was just doing what any ordinary boyfriend would do. Just standing by the side and helping to choose what the girl wants. Call me unromantic but Momo does not seem to be bothered.

Deep in my mind, I'm still missing Mina. I was.. very.. romantic with her... With Momo, I don't seem to be as extremely romantic with her.

I don't understand why... I just feel much more happier with Mina... Momo does give me a little happiness but not as much as how Mina gives me it.

I guess this is my fate anyways. I made a horrible mistake and it looks like I have to commit to Momo. I haven't found any other girls as amazing as Mina besides her...

"Alright babe! I'm done!" A voice called out for me, immediately knocking myself out of my thoughts.

"Oh. Let's go then." I said and Momo immediately grabbed on my hand to walk down the busy mall together.

"Hungry?" I asked.

Momo chuckled lightly. "How can you tell?" She blushed slightly.

"Can tell." I chuckled. "You want to grab a bite before heading on the train?" I asked.

"It's fine. I could grab a bite onboard the train anyways." Momo said.

"If you say so then. Come, let's board the Shinkansen already. We need to quickly catch it." I said and me and Momo headed off for the train station.

Once we arrived, we got our tickets checked in and we boarded the train and grabbed a seat.

Few moments later, the train finally departed Shin-Ōsaka Station and we were now headed for our next stop at Kyoto which is 15 minutes away. That place is also Momo's real birth place.

As time passed along, we talked to each other about the few flights we had earlier with Momo telling me about weird passengers and me telling Momo about the minor problems I had in the cockpit.

Before we knew it, the train was finally slowing down for the approach into Kyoto Station, the first stop for this two and a half hour train journey.

"Ressha wa genzai Kyōto Eki ni chikadzuite imasu." The train announcement rang out.
(Translation: The train is now approaching Kyoto Station.)

Momo then turned her head to look out of the window. "Wow. I haven't been back to my birthplace ever since I was young." She said and breathed in and out deeply.

"You moved?" I asked.

Momo hummed. "I moved out of this place for Toyko when Mina left for the United States." She explained as she continued to stare outside. "She was born here in Kyoto too, we were neighbours and we went to same school for more than five years. That's how we became the best of friends."

"I see... How's Mina now..?" I asked.

"Don't bother asking. She doesn't seem to care about you anymore ever since we had that accident on that night. She has been keeping contact with your sisters still if I'm not wrong." Momo said.

I sighed. "Oh..." I simply said.

"You love me... Don't you?" Momo asked suddenly as she placed her two hands on mine which were resting on the table.

"Of course I do..." I said.

Wait. Be very careful of what you're saying, Y/N. I'm not ready to commit. Wait no, I have to stay in this life path. It's all too late already...

Momo is a great girl. But Mina is someone who I will be willing to commit fully. Yet, I didn't keep that promise.

"I'm proposing to you right here now. Let's get married." Momo said.

"H-huh? N-now?" I asked.

Momo hummed. "Commitment does not need time at all. I love you and you love me. You're the right one for me." She said.

"O-oh..." I stuttered. "I.. don't have a ring..." I muttered.

Momo just giggled. "Who cares about the ring, hubby. We just gotta sign the legal documents and we'll be officially married!" She said.

This is my permanent life choice. I have to commit to her.

"I love you, Momo." I said and kissed her hand.

"Hehe... I love you, Y/NN."

6 February 2018
Sana's POV
'Narita Airport'

I was currently at work, patrolling around the extremely huge airport vicinity for like the twelfth time today.

It had to be done. I'm a Airport Police Officer. My duty is to protect the place.

I then walked in a café with my two other squadmates. We had to do a simple routine inspection of the area to search for any abnormalities like unattended packages and whatever bullshit terrorists would want to do.

I looked over and saw a couple at their table, having all sorts of cute as fuck conversations like an annoying PDA couple.

I sighed, daydreaming when will I find a perfect man for me. Y/N is lucky he managed to find his love fast... He's with Momo now... Sadly, he and Mina are history...

Mina and Y/N's cute interactions between each other was so damn adorable that it always made me squeal loudly.

I started to recall about their dates before. Their first date photo in Hawaii... Their photos in Central Park... The cute café date in Incheon... The–

Hold on.

Café date in Incheon?

That photo...

That little weird pose Y/N did...

YES.

That was the one.

That was the photo.

That was the thing we've been trying to figure out!!!