Dreams (Prologue)

19 October 2016
Y/N's POV
'Central Japan High School'

It was graduation day, a special party was held for all the graduating high school students.

I was one of the many graduates, I quietly sat in a corner while all the loud music was blaring loudly on the dance floor.

I sipped down my cup of water and buried myself in a magazine all about aircrafts.

Man... Those big metal birds that fly in the sky every single day has always fascinated me ever since young.

Aircrafts...

Just look at them.

So elegant in its own unique way.

How they look, how they feel, how they sound, how they fly... It seriously never fails to fascinate me.

"Ugh, this airplane fapper is forever looking at airplane porn..." A male voice said.

Fuck.. It's Kim Seok-jin, as usual.

Seok-jin is my high school bully, I learnt to ignore him overtime. It's getting seriously annoying now though. I'm glad it's gonna end all together today.

"When will you ever stop watching this bullshit?" He asked.

I ignored him as usual and continued reading the magazine.

"Just leave him alone, he has dreams unlike you." A familiar female voice said.

"You're lucky you are a girl." Seok-jin scoffed and walked away.

"Did he try to hurt you?" The girl who I immediately recognised asked.

I shook my head. "Thanks for chasing him away, Jihyo." I said.

"It's nothing, that guy does not dare to talk back to a girl cause' he's a whimp." Jihyo rolled her eyes with her arms folded. She flipped her long streaks of white ombre dyed hair to her back.

I chuckled. Jihyo then sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Is just that... I won't be able to see you, my best friend again..." Jihyo said, looking away.

"You still have my contact, we can still chat anyways." I said, trying to cheer her up.

"Yea.. But I'll be real busy once I'll get based overseas in South Korea..."

"It's okay, I'll be busy too while I learn on how to fly..."

"Hopefully.. someday we'll meet in the future..."

I smiled. "We will. Since you're studying in music, there's a fair chance I might be your pilot once you're a K-Pop star." I chuckled and Jihyo did so too.

"We'll see about that, Y/N."

--------------------

"We shall now announce the top three scorers in today's cohort." The principal said in a monotone voice.

"Y/N Y/LN, Park Jihyo and Kim Seok-jin. Congrats."

Everyone started clapping loudly. We then three stood on the stage to collect our rewards and certificates.

Seok-jin didn't dare to say anything to me since Jihyo was beside me. We smiled and took our own solo photographs.

Once the graduation party was over, I walked out of school with my headphones on. I felt someone tap me on my right arm.

Jihyo.

"Oii Y/N!" She called out with that faint cute smile plastered on her face.

"What is it?" I asked as I lowered my music down.