seven - apathetic

apathetic: (adjective) showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern

─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─

india-

i knew it was a nice day, even before opening my eyes. i could already feel the hot sun burning against my naked back through the large window in my bedroom. guaranteed it was later then noon, i did tend to sleep in whenever i had the chance.

it's not that i was lazy - it's just that i didn't really have much to live for. unless i was doing a shift at the club or meeting with clients i didn't tend to leave the flat. the only person i spoke to regularly was niall, but even him i often isolated myself from. i would much prefer to stay at home, reading and drinking coffee, along with many other boring things that 21 year olds shouldn't enjoy doing day in, day out.

i reluctantly open my eyes to discover my vision is blocked. my thick wavy locks had spilled out of the sloppy bun i had forced them into last night before i had collapsed into bed. i blindly reach for my phone, this time succeeding without dropping it on the floor.

from: nialler

indie! where did you go last night? i got crazy drunk! xxx

from: nialler

you just disappeared on me is everything okay? x

from: nialler

indie i've heard things about someone that sounds a lot like the guy you described to me... i need to speak to you asap

from: nialler

ind? seriously i'm beginning to worry, call me soon please!!

from: mum

india sweetie, are you o.k.? niall called me and asked if i had heard from you. call me please. love mum xxx

"fuck." i mumble, mentally punching niall for contacting my mum. i've told him repeatedly that he's not to speak to her. i avoid contact with her as much as possible; therefore he should do the same. i don't want to risk something slipping, if she knew about my job, life wouldn't be worth living.

i reach across to my drawers from my bed and pull out an oversized tee - sliding it over my naked body before clambering to my feet and making my way towards the kitchen.

i'm midway through making my usual morning- well afternoon coffee when my phone begins to ring, without looking at the caller i.d i reach and press answer, switching it onto loudspeaker- presuming its niall.

"don't even start. i'm pissed off with you!" i groan, defending myself before he can even begin to bombard me with crap about leaving last night.

"miss chance?" a confused female voice booms out of my mobile, causing me to stop dead. "it's amanda faeroe here. i work for dr reynolds. we came across your website and i'm enquiring over booking a slot?"

i quickly pick up my phone, clicking it off loudspeaker and shoving it too my ear before clearing my throat and preparing myself to perform the best of all phone voices.

"hi amanda. yes that's fine. does he have any specific dates in mind?" i ask, reaching into my handbag on the countertop, pulling out my leather calendar diary that niall had bought me for christmas last year and flicking through the pages to reach the current date.

she pauses for a moment and then i hear muffled whispering. she must be holding her hand over the receiver.

"sorry about that." she resumes. "he's wondering if you are free on the 16th?"