five - infatuation

infatuation:(noun) an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something.

─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─

matty

i couldn't do it. i just couldn't do it. why couldn't i do it? i'm weak. am i losing my touch? no, i refuse too. i push my free hand through my sweat ridden hair, desperately trying to shake the disturbing thoughts from my head. the other slowly brought my fingers to my lips, letting me inhale the comforting fumes of the cigarette situated in-between them, my naked torso deepening as i do so.

the flat was hot, much warmer than usual. almost unbearable, infact. plus, the thoughts swirling around my head were only causing me to stress, making the whole situation worse. the smell of blood surrounded me, heightened due to the temperature. i turn my head to look at the woman lay ahead of me. her face had little - to no expression and her eye were shut halfway. she looked good. well, as good a dead woman in the floor of my living room could look anyway. i'm just glad she hasn't been here long enough to start decomposing, because that would stink. the rush i always feel was quickly deteriorating, and so was my cigarette. i knew i would have to move her soon, but right now, i really couldn't be arsed. i was far too pissed off with myself to deal with some dead girl.

i don't understand why i couldn't kill her. it would have been so easy, she was so trusting... so naive. she'd been checking me out all night and when she agreed to come for a drink, it was a guaranteed kill. yeah, sure, she was innocent but so have a lot of the other women i've slaughtered. it would have been viciously easy to add her to the list of strippers that have fallen for my fake charm. she was no different. so why did i treat her that way?

the moment i arrived at the club i knew i wanted her. the feeling that i knew all too well returned. the way she erotically moved, was striking. i know any normal man would've been thinking about all the things he could do to her in bed. she was beautiful, sexy, and flawless and i just had the overwhelming urge to spill her blood.

but, no. i had to pussy out. i made her leave. that was the easy part; i only had to insult her a few times before she snapped. but, ignoring the overwhelming urge to cut her right there however was not. i had never felt anything like it. i wanted to kill her, which was clear. but i also wanted her to escape. i let her escape. something in me, refused to kill her. she was too delicate... maybe it was shy tone in her voice or the way her blue eyes lit up when i complimented her name. i don't know. it's crazy. i'm crazy. she would have been a beautiful kill; i bet she looks so good as she bleeds... i swear if i ever see her again, i'll do it. i will. but for now, i had prolonged her life and better yet, she had no idea.

my deep thoughts are interrupted by the annoying ring of my phone. i glance to the caller i.d. it's adam. we're best friends, or supposed to be. i don't really care for him much. in all honesty, i find him quite annoying and part of me wishes he was a female stripper, just so i could end him. but unfortunately it's classed as normal to have friends, so for that reason he's vital to me.

"adam." i answer.

"iya mate. we're going out round town tonight. me and ross. fancy it?" he asks cheerfully.

no. i don't. i hate going out unless it's hunting my prey and ross is even worse than adam. if that's even possible.

"yeah, sure. i'd love too. what time?"

"about 10. we'll meet you later. i'll text you around then to let you know what club we're at! bye."

and with that, he hung up. i sling the phone onto the small wooden coffee table ahead of me, before feeling a hot sensation on my other hand. the fierce burn of the cigarette had become incredibly close to my fingers. i had completely forgotten to smoke it. sighing, i stub it into the ashtray and lift myself from the settee before approaching the lifeless body on the floor. i suppose i better clean this mess up.

─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─

{authors note}

here’s a little introduction to matty, from his perspective! x