apologize | 16

Read author's note please.
Chapter 16:
Apologize

"Your head and heart can debate"
-Joey (I'm Done)

The tension in the house clung to each member of the band tightly. They had their own reasons to suddenly feel claustrophobic and really moody. Zach especially. He hasn't really talked to anyone ever since his and Jack's argument two nights ago. He had stuffed himself in his shared bedroom, only exiting when he needs something to snack on. Other than that, he just sits on his blow up mattress, phone clutched tightly in his hands as he scrolls through multiple stories that involved him and a certain band member he was furious with. It made no sense as that only raised his anger even more; but the more he pushes himself further away from Jack, he can't help but want the other near.

To have him in his arms and whisper to him that everything will be okay.

Zach was currently biting into a granola bar when he jumped the slightest from the doorbell going off. He wasn't expecting anyone, so he just continued to scan his eyes over the words that were displayed for him.

"'What are you?" Zach was cut off as Jack pressed his lips to his again, pulling Zach's body against his. Zach forgot all about the people around them as he kissed him again, wrapping his arms around his neck tightly once more."

It was the one shot book again. And when Zach thought about it, it was one of the few books that continuously erupted the tingling sensation throughout his stomach. He doesn't know if it's because he knows that the pairing will always be him and Jack; or if he just loves all the cute and intimate moments between the one couple. The more he read it, the more he slipped away from reality. He began to think about everything that could only happen in his head. Adoring hugs; cute kisses on the lips; memory worthy dates.

A goofy grin that once was on his face dropped into a frown.

He shouldn't be thinking about that. Or well he should. Just not with Jack; but with Jared. His actual boyfriend. The boyfriend he hasn't texted or called back in two days. The brunette was worrying his boyfriend greatly and yet Zach doesn't care. The only thing he wanted was personal space. From everyone.

Even Daniel.

He remembers the blue eyed boy tried to ask what was wrong, but all Zach did we snap at him. Call him a few hurtful words before getting up and leaving. He was mad at everyone else, all because Jack managed to hit a nerve that most people have never could. Jack makes him do a lot of things that he never expected. And it scares him.

Zach sighed, figuring he was done with reading and thinking today. He actually thought it was best if he went to apologize for being so cold towards everyone. First he went to his messaging app, quickly typing a sincere apology to Jared for not trying to communicate with him. It resulted with Jared being okay with it and the two going on a date tomorrow night. It brought a smile to Zach's rosy cheeks.

He then stood to his feet and sucked in a deep breath. He placed his phone in his pocket and bravely walked to the bedroom door. He stared at it for a few moments, wondering if he should just give up. The others might not want to hear from him anyway. But pushing that thought away, he opened the door and slowly walked down the steps so he eventually stood at the bottom of the stairs. At the sound of his footsteps a figure was already standing before him. He looked to see it was Daniel.

"You're finally out of your room!" He beamed as he embraced the younger into a tight hug. Zach was completely taken off guard, as he just allowed Daniel to hold his limp body. When the two broke apart, Zach eyed him suspiciously.

"You're not mad?"

Daniel tilted his head a little confused.

"Why would I be mad? You obviously were just stressed. I understand. Especially when Jonah said that he walked in on you and Jack" Daniel replied with a grin, his eyes brightening.

Zach nodded at his words, before bringing Daniel in for a hug. Now Daniel was the one who was surprised.

"Thank you" Zach mumbled quietly. Daniel chuckled before being the one to break the hug. He guided Zach towards the others, Zach instantly freezing as he seen who had shown up. He hid behind Daniel, never breaking eye contact with a certain female.

"Guys, Zach has finally come down to apologize. But we all know he was just acting out on a lot of anger" Daniel flicked his attention towards Jack. "And I swear, if you dare start trouble with him again, you're sleeping outside."

Jack rolled his eyes. Daniel himself scoffed as he took Zach's hand and placed him inbetween him and Jonah. The two wrapped their arms around each other, missing the comfort they found within one another. Zach looked back at the couple who sat on the far end of the couch. He seen the two were both already looking at him. Zach shuddered under their gaze as he turned to look the other way. He smiled as he seen Corbyn fast asleep. He was slightly leaning on Daniel for support as he seemed to be slowly falling off the couch. And when Daniel himself noticed, he let go of Zach and fixed Corbyn into a more comfortable position.

It didn't work as the faux blonde woke up seconds later. He grabbed hold of Daniel and brought him close to his chest. Daniel struggled to be free, but it was no use as the other had a tight grip on him. Zach giggled before he went to lay on top of the two; managing to squeeze his way inbetween them. Daniel snickered as he noticed that the three of them were highly uncomfortable, trying their hardest to fit on the skinny couch.

"Zach, move your hand" Daniel squeaked out, slightly pushing the other. It caused Zach to push Corbyn, who snapped his eyes open in fear. The blonde was falling off the couch, but he grabbed hold of Zach to try and keep steady. All it did was bring Zach with him. But before the two could go down, Zach quickly grabbed Daniel so all three of them fell to the floor. Groans were heard before laughs had filled the room.

"I'm glad I caught that on camera" Jonah smiled as he shown them his phone.

-

This was really just a filler. But while you're reading this author's note, can you all do me a favor and go check out my new book called 'Why We Don't'. It's on my other group account -LlamaClub. It would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

-Nevaeh