Chapter 3-

Chapter 3-

"Dad, are you coming down yet? It's starting to get really late now," I huffed over the phone. Suddenly a cold breeze blew by. Even my thick sweater, it wasn't enough to keep me warm from the cold San Francisco nights. "Not to mention it's freezing."

"Just wait for a few more minutes, sweetheart. I'm almost out," he replied, and I heard him shuffling papers on the other line. I wondered what it is like to work at offices. Personally, I think it would be boring to work at an office all day long but being an accountant, my dad loves doing his job. "Can you give me, let's say, five to seven minutes? I have to talk to a coworker right now, he said it's urgent."

"Fine," I grumbled before hanging up. The vibrations of my phone made me look at it again, in hopes that my dad was calling to tell me that his coworker changed their minds about talking to him and he was on his way down now. But it was only a text from Joshua.

Texting him back, I tucked my phone back into my sweater and looked at the sky, lost in thought for a moment. I jumped in surprise when I heard someone coughing. I turned around and saw my dad's coworkers, Jerry White and Marcos Lopez. I didn't know them per se, but I've seen them a few times that Dad invited the whole family over to the office work parties.

They smiled at me and a cold shiver went down my spine as I swallowed, taking a small step back. I didn't like the feeling in my stomach right now. I tried to keep my voice stern as I stared at them. "May I help you?"

"You're Reina, right?" Jerry questioned with a grin on his face.

I nodded as they both of their grins widened that made my hair rise and my blood run cold.

~~~~~

"Reina, it's time to wake up for it's another beautiful day!" Someone sang into my ears, making me gasp at the intruder. I quickly sat up and punched the intruder as hard as I could, my fight or flight kicking in. "Holy shit."

I opened my eyes that was tightly closed slowly and saw Joshua rubbing where I decked him in the stomach. Instantly, I narrowed my eyes at him and growled. "What are you doing in my bedroom at six in the damn morning?"

I realized that I have been experiencing shocks quite often lately. And it's only the second day of school. The thought of surviving the rest of the year being on edge and jumpy wasn't sitting well with me at all, though there seemed to be nothing I could do.

"It's Friday, so I decided to be a nice friend and drive you to school. This is what I get for being nice?" he grumbled the question under his breath, still rubbing where I punched him while glaring at me from the floor. "This is usually the part where you'll apologize."

I huffed, crossing my arms in defense in my over sized hoodie. "I would apologize, if you didn't scare the living daylights out of me at six in the morning. How did you even get in here?"

"First of all, it's already seven. Second, London let me in. She said she's leaving with her friends so don't bother waiting for her," Joshua scowled, still angry about the fact that I punched him first thing in the morning. I don't feel guilty because he deserved the punch for scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Oh," that was all I can managed to say in this situation. A small chuckle came out from me when I finally felt at ease enough to breath normally. "Sorry."

"I think I'm going to get a bruise," he mumbled, shaking his head.

"I can't wait to spread the news around. Joshua was punched and mopes for hours," I said teasing, lying back down on the bed on my belly. "Don't be such a baby."