Percy

"Be careful with your words, sea god scum. I might bring you to the king battered and bruised."

I grinned at his reply. "Oh come on! Getting broken like a toy is a common thing for us! You don't have any originalities? You're sticking to traditional. Too boring."

"Percy." Sam murmured. Judging by the call of the man, he's warning him to shut up.

But Percy ignored him. "You know, Piper is the best bet to use as a hostage, not me if you want to get to Jason. Want revenge for slaughter? He has a weakness, but that's not me. So what does his Highness wants with me?"

"You'll see soon, sea god scum." Mr. Scarface said.

"Awwww, no clue? Like we're going to usurp Zeus or something like that? A clue! Or you don't know." He taunted. "You poor man, he doesn't trust you with details? Probably you're a henchman. Doing the dirty work for them."

"Shut up!" The man said. "King Lycaon will turn you to be one of us, brainwash you and make you our secret weapon against those pesky Olympians! Do you understand? And this man with his brother will be your first prey."

"Thanks for the info, dude." He grinned. "So I have an idea right now."

The guy left them alone. When Percy looked at Sam, the latter was pale as a sheet. Obviously, no sane person will interrogate their captors.

"Oh man. This is bad." He muttered. He hasn't heard about the probability of being a lycan, but I'm sure Annabeth will kill him of stupidity.

"Just 'bad?' This is the worst!" Sam said, cutting him from his thoughts. "They will make you a monster --"

"Calm down, Sir Sammy," Percy said. "It's not the worst. I mean I've seen and experienced worse than this. I just need to ... there. I'm free. So we can go now."

Sam and the captor didn't realise that he's trying to unlock the chains in his hands as he kept on talking and asking the captor.

Percy immediately removed the rope around Sam's body and find a window to escape.

Fortunately, they found one and there's no guard. But they need to run the forest in front of them to escape the place.

The escape was successful, but they ended up in a highway, with a lone gas station standing few meters away from them.

Percy started to run towards the station when Sam stopped him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to call mom. I've been missing for a few days. And I don't want her to get worried again. Last time I was kidnapped, I lost eight months of my life. So, be on guard. They might notice we're gone. And follow us through my scent. Let's go."

The gas station looked like it was abandoned for years, but it's just the owner was too lazy to renovate the place.

Lucky for Percy, his coins weren't gone. They just pinned him down there not checking his pockets. He made an immediate call and answered with tons of scoldings and worry from his mom. He assured her he'll return at once after this.