CHAPTER 30

ZOEY'S POV
Why aren't they here yet?
I was starting to get nervous. "hey guys!" someone whisper shouted,making me jump out of my skin. "what the hell! you almost gave both of us a heart attack" I heard Crystal whisper shouting at someone. I turned to look at my left and I saw 3 outlines. "sorry" I heard Sarah whisper. "should we start?" Ashley whispered uncertainly. "we have to and we will" Crystal whispered back trying to ease the atmosphere by boosting our confidence. I flicked on the flashlight that I found after searching my room up and down, and all of us made our way to the staircase. We reached the main hall and I turned off my flashlight. All of us stood in silence. A few lights were on in the main hall which illuminated the surroundings, enough for us to see everything around.

"so this is it" I whispered to all of them. "don't worry we will get through this" Crystal whispered to all of us in a reassuring manner. All of us stood there in silence, taking deep breathes. There is no turning back now. I turned my head to Rose and Ashley and nodded towards them and they nodded back and started walking further away from us, towards the main electrical switch of the building. "guys we should go as well" Sarah whispered. All three of us started to move towards the metal door which was dimly lit at the end of the corridor. When we were just a few metres away the lights throughout the mansion went off. Finally!. I flicked on the flashlight again and we continued to walk towards the door. Soon we reached it. I looked over at Crystal to see she was standing still, as if in deep thinking. I placed my hand over her shoulder in a comforting gesture and this was enough to lift her spirits up.

She lifted her index finger towards the switch and without any second thoughts, she pressed it. The door opened ever so smoothly without making a single noise, as it did the first time we opened it. I took a step inside the room and flashed the light on the flight of stairs which was going down. "guys we don't have much time. They can notice it any minute now" Sarah whispered and without thinking about anything else all of us started walking down the stairs.

SARAH'S POV
I followed Crys and Zoe inside. As soon as I stepped completely inside the door the lights in the corridor flicked on and the door closed. I almost lost my balance because of the sudden surprise. Crystal grabbed my shoulders, helping me. That was close! If I was late even for a second, the alarm would've gone off. "they're awake!" Zoey whisper shouted. All of us darted down the stairs and within a minute or so we reached the end of the stairs. We were panting heavily. I placed my hands on my knees and tried to get in as much air as possible, but when I looked up, it felt like the someone stole my voice from inside my throat. Just a few metres away from the three of us, tied to different chairs with metal chains and brutally beaten up were our friends!. "oh my god!!" I whispered in horror. All three of us rushed to them and that's when we noticed that their eyes were tightly shut and they weren't moving even a inch. "oh shit" Zoey cursed under her breath.

CRYSTAL'S POV
No no no this can't be happening!. "Tyler" I whispered in attempt to wake him up, but he didn't even move. What should I do?!. I placed my palm on his cheek examining his bruises when suddenly he stirred a bit, his eyebrows scrunched forwards. Was he waking up?. "Tyler" I whispered again and there they were, those beautiful blue eyes. "Crys?" he whispered, looking me in my eyes. "yes yes its me" I said nodding. "zayn" I heard Zoey whisper. I turned my head to look that Zayn was also awake. Infact each one of them was awake. "are you guys ok?" Zayn asked us. "did any of them hurt any one of you?" Mason asked. "guys guys calm down we are fine" Sarah said. "Tyler we have to tell you guys something" I paused, taking a deep breath. "The Lycans are planning to mark us on the night of the next full moon" I said and as soon as I finished all of them growled. All of them started thrashing around, trying to get out of the metal chains. I noticed that their wrists were already bleeding and their struggling just made it worst. It had starting to bleed even more. "guys stop! you are damaging your wounds even more" I said to them "don't worry we will get you out of here" Zoey said. As we were about to undo their chains we heard footsteps coming towards us. Oh shit. "we have to hide! now!" Sarah whisper shouted."but they will know we are here! don't forget they can notice our scent!" Zoey whispered back. "Damn werewolves!" I cursed under my breath. "guys listen to me...you have to hide now!" Zayn whispered to the three of us, struggling to even speak. "but-" "Crys please listen to us...just go and hide...we will handle everything else" Tyler said cutting me off in between. All of us nodded.

I looked around, trying to find a place to hide when my eyes fell on the space between the left wall and a few empty boxes which were kept there. I pointed it out to Sarah and Zoey and we rushed towards it. All three of us climbed in the small space, our bodies covered by the empty boxes. My breaths became shorter in fear as we heard footsteps walking down the stairs.

Thanks for reading!
Bye!❤