CHAPTER 16

CRYSTAL'S POV

I placed the shopping bags on the couch and sat down. "you should've seen his face" Zoey said as she handed me a glass of water and sat down beside me with a glass in her hand as well. "I'm telling you. He likes you" she said further. "as a friend" I added to her statement. "oh come on. You saw everything yourself. Don't try to deny it" she said smirking. I just rolled my eyes and got up, with the now empty glass, placing it on the counter. Then I went to the guest room and got changed into the a pair of shorts and a T-shirt I bought from mall today. Then me and Zoe spent the rest of our evening crashing on the couch.

ON MONDAY

I was sitting in my psychology class waiting for Tyler at our usual seats. He was late today. While I was waiting for him, I saw Ethan coming in the class. He looked at me and waved at me smiling. I waved back and he started making his way towards me. "Good morning" he greeted me. "morning" I greeted back. "If you don't mind may I sit here" he asked. I was about to oppose but he had already kept his bag on the chair so I guess he had already taken a yes from me, without me even saying it. Before I could say anything, our teacher arrived and there was no option left apart from letting him sit. He sat down next to me and our teacher started the class.

"May I come in" I turned to see Tyler standing on the entrance of the class, panting. "oh how nice of you to join us Tyler" the teacher said sarcastically. "I am sorry" he apologized. "Since it's your first time being late, I'll allow you in. But this shouldn't be repeated in the future" our teacher said and he nodded. He came in and saw that Ethan was already sitting with me. He glared at Ethan who just smirked in response. Tyler walked to the back seat and sat down. The teacher continued with the class.

As the class ended, everyone started making their way out. I grabbed my stuff and walked out as well. "Hey" I heard someone say. I turned around to see Tyler standing there."Hey" I said. "Did you ask him to sit next to you" he asked me. He sounded angry. "No he was the one who came up to me and asked me whether he could sit with me or not." I answered back. "So you could've just said no. You knew that it was my seat" Tyler said sounding pissed. Why is he acting like a kindergarten child. "I was about to say no to him but the teacher had already arrived so I had to let him sit and why are you acting like this it was just for an hour that he sat beside me. He didn't commit any crime by sitting beside me. Please stop fighting over a freaking seat. You're not a kid" I scolded him. He sighed and said "I am sorry Crystal I overreacted. It's not that of a big deal. I'm sorry" He apologized. "It's ok" I said. "we should start walking to our next class now or else you have to apologize for the third time today" I said and he chuckled and then we both walked to our class together.

DURING LUNCH

We were sitting together during lunch just talking about random stuff when Zoe spoke up. "Hey guys why we have a  night stay at my house. We can watch movies and have a small pizza party" Didn't she have work today. I thought. "yeah that sounds good" Sarah said and the boys agreed as well. Everyone decided to come to her house at 6pm. I was about to ask her about her work when the bell rang. I'll just ask her after school.

AFTER SCHOOL

Me and Zoey were walking to her house since her car had gone for repair. Honestly, we both enjoyed walking more, so it wasn't a problem. "Hey Zoe don't you have work today?" I asked her. I didn't got a chance to ask her in school."No I got a message from Allison saying our shifts have been cancelled for the day since Laura had somewhere to go. I got her message during my math class and that's why I invited everyone during lunch" Zoe said and I nodded. In case you all are confused, Allison is her coworker and Laura is her boss. "But you know I have to go to work today and I will be back pretty late" I said to her. "oh god I totally forgot about your work. Hey can't you cancel it for a day. Just for today" she said pleading me. "you know I can't do that" I said to her. " you work the 365 days of the year, well except for the weekends so it's fine if you don't go to work for a day" she said pestering me.

I was still reluctant and she saw that. "Please Crys it's just for today. Please... please...please...plea-" "ok fine" I said cutting her off mid sentence. "Thankyou!" she said excitedly. I shook my head and we soon reached her house. She opened the front door and we both got in. We kept our school bags at their places and decided to get changed. After I got changed I walked to Zoe's room and saw that she had changed as well. I went over and laid down on her bed. "But what will I say to Sally" I asked Zoe as I thought of possible excuses. "Well you can say that you are not feeling well and would like to rest today" she said like it was nothing. I sighed and dialled Sally's number. After 2 rings she picked up "Hello" she said "Hey Sally it's me" I responded back. "Hey Crys what happened is everything ok" she asked concerned. Since that car incident took place, Sally has been worrying for me a lot. "Yeah pretty much. Actually I am kind of feeling under the weather today. May  I take a leave for today" I asked her. "yeah of course. I'll see you tomorrow. Take care!" she greeted me. "thanks Sally. Bye" I said and ended the call. "wasn't that easy" Zoe said and I huffed. "Yeah yeah. Now come on, we better clean the house before all of them come" I said and she rolled her eyes. "Ay Ay Captain!" she said as we started cleaning up.

So guys this was chapter 16.I hope you guys enjoyed it.
Bye! ❤