CHAPTER 4

CRYSTAL'S POV

Whole of the living room was destroyed completely. Every single inch of it. All of the lights were smashed completely. All of the furniture was destroyed beyond repair and every inch of the house was covered in darkness. As I proceeded to step inside, my mind alerted me not to. What If someone was still inside. I slowly closed the front door and locked it from outside. I ran few meters away, pulling my phone out to dial 911."hello 911.What is your emergency." "hello s-someone broke i-into my house while I was out at work" I said trying to calm myself down. "ok can you tell me everything from the starting" The operator asked me calmly."yeah so when me and my mom went out for work I made sure that I had locked the front door before leaving, but when I came back and unlocked the front door, everything inside was destroyed. Every inch of the living room is destroyed. I rambled on, panicking.

"Ok just calm down. Everything will be alright.Now tell me are you inside the house?" the operator asked me. "no I am standing outside just in case someone is still in there and I have locked the door" I said. "Good. Now I want you to go somewhere safe maybe any of your neighbor's house while the police reaches there. Tell me your address" The operator asked me. I told her my address while I rushed to Mrs S's house which was just a few houses away. "ok the police will be there soon. Do you want me to stay on the line." the operator asked politely. "no I have reached my neighbor's house. I'll be fine" I said to her. "ok make sure you are safe. Take care" she said and the line went dead.

After a few seconds, Mrs S opened the door and when she saw the panicked look on my face she ushered me inside immediately. She guided me to her living room and made me sit on the couch. She is a very close friend of my mother. They both are together since middle school and so I know that I could trust her. "what happened Crystal" she asked me sounding concerned. I told her everything and she looked a bit scared. "thank god that none of you were there in the house. God knows what would have had happened" she said breathing out a sigh of relief. Then we heard the siren of police cars and we both rushed outside.

"Can you brief us about what happened from the start miss" one of the officers asked me. I told them everything that I knew and they recorded my statement and inspected the house. "ok. We will start our investigation soon." the officer said after recording my statement. "but for now you and your mother have to stay somewhere else. Do you have a place anywhere to stay for a while" the officer asked me and I nodded. "ok we will take your leave now." He said "thankyou officers" I said. I immediately called my mom and told her about the incident. "oh god! Crys are you sure you're ok" she asked worriedly. "yeah mom I am fine. Mom can I stay the night at Zoey's" I asked her. "yeah definately. I'll stay at Mrs S's" even though I know her full name but my mum never uses her real name when she is talking about Mrs. S with me. She believes that I should refer her to as Mrs. S which was really fine by me."ok mom thanks" I ended the call and thanked Mrs S. "you can come up to me anytime honey" she said smiling.She was like a second mother to me.

I took her leave and made my way to Zoey's. She must be home by now. It took me about 10 minutes to reach her house. I knocked on the front door and she opened up. As soon as she saw me her face lit up but when she noticed how stressed and tired I was, she immediately became worried. She signaled me to come in and I did and she closed the door behind us. We went upstairs to her room. "Crys what happened" she asked me and I told her everything from the house incident to the feeling I am getting from the past few days. After listening she looked as if she had seen a ghost. "Z what's wrong?" I asked "Crys I don't wanna scare you but I am also getting a feeling of being watched over the past few days." she said and I grew even more worried. As if waiting for this exact moment, my stomach growled reminding me how hungry I was. "I have ordered pizza. It should be arriving any minute" she said while laughing lightly. I rolled my eyes at her. "but hey where are your parents?" I asked. "they are on vacation. They will return after a month" she said and I nodded.

She lend me one of her PJ's and a loose shirt as I didn't bring my own, and soon the pizza arrived. We both relaxed on the couch, with our pizzas, binging friends. Nothing could be better than this. Till the time we completed season 2 I was tired as hell. "Zoe I am going to sleep."  I told her. "ok good night" she said while her eyes were fixated on tv. I shook my head while chuckling and went up to the guest room. I closed the door and got into bed and as soon as my head collided with the pillow. I passed out.

I woke up to find myself in a completely dark room. Not even a single thing was visible."Zoey!" I called out for her "Zoey!" I screamed again but no sound was there. Then suddenly I heard a growl which made me stop dead in my tracks. It sounded like an animal and the worst part was that it came from right behind me. I was frozen in fear but somehow I gathered some courage and turned around and oh how I wish that I hadn't.

Cliffhanger!
So guys here was chapter 4. I hope you like it and if you do please vote!
Byee! 💓