CHAPTER 3

Recap...
when I turned around I saw....

CRYSTAL'S POV

"Tyler!" I shouted "you scared the hell out of me!" I continued. "I'm sorry I didn't want to scare you so bad but why were you running" he asked confused "because I thought someone was following me" I huffed. He chuckled and I glared at him and he immediately stopped. "by the way what do you need" I asked as my heart beat came back to normal. "You forgot this at your desk during our psychology class" he said while handing me my notebook, along with the questionnaire which was given today in class as a homework. "oh my god thankyou so much!. This was assigned for tomorrow. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find  it back home. Thanks!" I smiled at him gratefully. "I'm glad I could help you" he said smiling back and I don't know why but I blushed a little. I quickly covered it up before he could notice.

After that we just stood there, an awkward silence engulfing the surrounding. "umm if you don't mind can I walk you to your house. But only if you want!"  he said quickly, trying to cover up his embarassment. Oh my gosh! how is he so cute. ok ok breathe Crys. Don't do anything weird. "yeah of course" I said nodding. His face instantly lit up and we both started walking towards my house.

We both walked in silence, just enjoying the weather and each others' company. Soon we reached my house and I turned around to look at him "so I think it is time to say goodbye" Tyler said. "Tyler we will meet tomorrow again at school" I said, a slight laugh escaping my lips. "oh yeah of course" he said nodding, a shy smile grazing his face. "so...bye" he said. "bye" I greeted back. He turned around and started to walk away. As I shifted to open the front door , he suddenly turned back around toward me. "bye!" he shouted and waved like a little kid. "bye!" I replied back while laughing.

I finally went inside the house to find mom making lunch in the kitchen "Hey Mom" I greeted her. "Hii kiddo how was school" she asked me. "It was fine" I said shrugging my bag off my shoulders. She sighed loudly which made me turn around and look at her in the midway of going to my room. "Is something wrong mom" I asked her. I get really worried for her because she's been taking too much stress lately. I don't want it to affect her health. "Crys I am really sorry that you have to manage so much all together school, work, everything.I am sorry that I couldn't provide you with everything myself" she said feeling guilty. I sighed and went over to her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Mom I am not doing all of this because I have to do it. I am doing this because I want to do it. I want to help you in every way possible and don't you ever think that you are loading me with your responsibilities. Ever again" I said and kissed her on the cheek. She nodded, looking somewhat relaxed. I rushed upstairs to my room and got ready for work. I got dressed in my uniform which was a White shirt and Black medium skirt with flats and rushed downstairs to grab my purse. "Crystal take these" she said handing me the keys. "I have to go to work early today and I might come home late" she finished. I took them and she left. I got out of the house, locked the front door and placed the keys in my bag and started to walk to the bakery.

Within a few minutes I reached there and entered the bakery. Just on time. As soon as entered, I was covered in warmth and the sweet aroma of exotic sweets and foods. I greeted my boss, Sally. She is a very sweet and kind lady. She was the one who offered me this job. I went to the back of the bakery and placed my purse on the shelf reserved for employees. I then strode towards the counter. I greeted all my coworkers as we started getting everything prepared for the day.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

My shift was almost over, only around 15 to 10 mins were left. I was talking to my friend Elizabeth when the bell on the door jingled, signalling that a customer just walked in. I got up and stood at the counter while he came to it. "Hello sir what would you like to get today" I greeted him politely."I would like to take a box of chocolate donuts and your number" he replied winking. His voice was deep and he looked like he was older than me, not much, maybe a year or two. I couldn't see his face completely as he had covered most of it. "Yeah sure. Stacy can we get a box of chocolate donuts please!" I shouted from the counter.

A few seconds later Stacy came out with a box of donuts and handed him the box while fluttering her eyebrows in a flirtatious manner. He paid no attention to her as his eyes were fixated on me and she huffed while stomping back inside. I rolled my eyes discreetly as I totalled the amount of the purchase. "that would be $5.95 sir" I said to him."I think I asked for something else as well" he said, his cover rising up a little to show a wide smirk. "uhh.." I said awkwardly. I didn't know what to say!. He chuckled and said "There's always a next time. Bye love" he said as he walked out of the store. I breathed out a sigh of relief, continuing with my shift.

"Finally!" I breathed out as Peter and Andrew started cleaning up the bakery and Sally turned the sign to "close". "I know right. Everyday is so tiring." Andrew said. "oh god no!" Elizabeth groaned remembering something "I have hw to do which is due tomorrow" she whined like a child."oh come on liza,grow up!" I said. She punched me on my arm. "oww!" I said rubbing my arm."ok girls enough! It's time to close" Sally said rolling her eyes. We both chuckled and moved out of the bakery. We hugged each other and parted ways. As I was walking back home, I again started to feel as if someone was watching me. I fastened my pace, my senses on high alert. I felt a little safe when I reached my front door. I took out my keys and unlocked the door. As soon as I opened the door I saw something which made me shiver from down to up.

Another cliffhanger...
So guys here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it and let me know how you feel about it....
byee!! 💓