Lamp Post

Y/n, like every other respectable hipster in her day and age, enjoyed walks at night in the rain. 

It was a long day in the office, where she hunted down the criminals who wrote hate comments on cat videos across the internet.

Whipping out her black umbrella, Y/n put on her tinted sunglasses, you know, to increase the aesthetic. 

Rain beat heavily on her umbrella as she pranced around, acting like a fool in the streets.

She skipped, and of course, slipped. 

That's what Y/n got for being a fool.

All was well, though, and she continued her walk.

The street in front of her apartment was dead silent, with only a single lamp post, which, just like Y/n, was burnt out.

"Hello, lamp boiiii." She greeted the inanimate object, like a true insane child.

"Hello." The lamp post responded.

Maybe if Y/n paid less attention to the aesthetic, she would have seen that it wasn't a lamp post, it was a person.

Seeing the lamp post move, Y/n snatched the glasses off of her face.

"What... Whomst are you?" She asked, glaring at the shadow of a man who stood in place of the lamp post.

"I am no one. Just a lamp boi." He replied, his broad shoulders scrunched up. "Anyways, I should head home." He finished.

He stood up and bent over, picking up the actual lamp post off of the floor. He stepped out of the hole in which he stood and twisted the lamp into place. 

When the light came back on, Y/n realized that it was Kim Seokjin.

She watched in awe as the lamp boi walked away.

Every night following, Kim Seokjin, resident lamp boi, and Y/n shared a strange, surreal conversation.

The symbiotic relationship between a lamp boi and the hipster.