Chapter 16

EPOV

"Are you fucking stupid?!" My father said to me once we were out of the dining room. "I'm in the right mind to just take off my belt and whip your ass!"

"Dad, she didn't do anything wrong," I said defending my girlfriend.

"She did nothing wrong?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Did she give you attitude about eating?" He asked, and I nodded. "Did she make you look stupid?"

"Yes, but I don't think it was intentional."

"You don't think, that is what your problem is!" Carlisle said hitting the side of my head. "If you become too soft, she is going to walk all over you."

"She is having a hard time right now."

"I don't care. She is a big girl. She needs to learn shit happens, but we suck it up and go on with our lives," he said as I looked at my feet. "Correct her behavior now, or I will. This is your first and last warning," he said tapping me on the side of my face with his hand. I knew he was serious, I had to do something.

After he was through the door, I yelled for Bella. I wasn't worried about Charlie being in the room with us while all of this was happening. He knew of our lifestyle, and he had a propensity for dating younger himself. His girlfriend wasn't as young as I liked, but Jane was about ten years younger than him. Bella looked scared when I called for her. I knew Carlisle wanted me to spank her, but I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you look stupid," she said as soon as we were out of the dining room.

"I have to punish you," I told her as her eyes filled with tears.

"Wait until we get home, please don't spank me here, it would be humiliating," she said as the tears started rolling down her face.

I was glad to see the tears. I needed proof she had been punished, even if she wasn't.

"You made me look like a fool in front of my father, and he scolded me like a child," I said to her as I raised my voice, making her cry a little harder.

"I get it, I really do, but Daddy, please wait until we get home," she said folding her hands in front of her chest.

I glared at her. The more mean I made myself look the more she'd cry.

"Wipe your face. We will talk about this when we leave," I told her as she did as I said. "Enough with the attitude, and don't talk back to Carlisle . You know how Rose gets really scared when she is threatened with Carlisle?" I asked her as she nodded. "That's because Emmett was having a hard time with her, so my dad stepped in and helped out, if you get my drift," I said as her face paled. I was glad to see my message was received.

Once she was calmed down we went back to the dinner table and finished our meal. Bella was quiet, and she only spoke when spoken to.

I felt bad for Charlie because he was trying hard to get her to talk to him. I knew they would have time to talk to one another again, and I just wanted to get out of my parents house before Carlisle found a reason to control Bella.

There was nothing I could do if he decided he needed to step in and punish her. He ruled me, and I knew it; we all did.

"We are going to head out, it has been a long day," I said after we all had some pie.

"I can stay and help clean up," Bella said.

I knew she was only stalling, because she thought she was getting a spanking, or she wanted to show Carlisle that she was a good girl.

"You're fine, go on home," Carlisle said giving me a pointed look.

"It was great to spend some time with you. I will see you on Saturday," Esme said to Bella.