Chapter Twelve {Christmas Eve traditions}

Dinah's point of view:
          It was now a day later. It was Christmas Eve and we were doing all of our traditions. Ally's fever had dropped to a regular temperature and she was her happy self again, even though she still had to take the medicine.

Camila walks out of the room and says loudly "we gonna make GINGERBREAD COOKIES"! I chuckle and say "go get Mani from the playroom and come in here". She runs out of the room and Ally looks at me with me with wide eyes.

I say "I know. She's crazy". Ally giggles and runs out of the room. I chuckle and Clara comes in with two trays filled with cookies. I say "wow, they are going to have a sugar rush". She chuckles and Lauren walks in with Ally on her hip.

She says "a certain little one was looking for the presents". I raise an eyebrow and Ally mischievously giggles. I tickle her and she starts to giggle harder.

I smile and Normani and Camila run in the room. Clara says "who wants to make cookies"?! They start jumping in the air and I smile. Lauren says "mom, take it down a little". She throws her hands in the air and Ally wiggles out of Lauren's arms.

She runs out of the room and I sigh. I say "i'll be back". I walk out of the room to see her looking under the tree. I sneak up behind her and pick her up. She screams but then starts to giggle.

I roll my eyes playfully and say "should we go make some cookies"? She nods and I carry her into the kitchen. I see Normani and Camila already putting blobs of frosting on the cookies.

I chuckle and Lauren walks over. She says "might as well put the baby gate up". I chuckle and say "yah because someone is trying to get some new toys". Ally starts to giggle and blush bright red.

Lauren chuckles and Camila says "mommies! I make a pwincess"! I look at the cookie seeing a crooked face and a pink dress with edible glitter dumped all over. I keep in my laugh and Lauren says "it's beautiful". She smiles and turns around. Lauren hides her head in my neck and I say in her ear "shut up babe".

She says "i'm good". Ally says "mama? Baba"? I say "but don't you want to make some gingerbread cookies"? She shyly says "scary". "how is that scary"?! Lauren says playfully.

Ally hides her head in my neck and I smile. Normani runs over and says "look what I made mama"! Lauren smiles and says "that looks like your puppy baby"! She giggles and runs off to show Clara. Ally says "mama hung'y". I say "okay baby. You don't have to make cookies if you don't want to".

She nods and I walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle. I put it into the microwave and rock Ally back and forth. She grips my shirt and yawns. I smile and grab the bottle and sit at the table next to Lauren.

I lay Ally across my lap and place the bottle in her mouth. She eagerly sucks on it and Camila says "we need more"! I laugh and Lauren says "this is enough". She giggles mischievously and I look down at Ally. She looks me in the eyes and stops sucking on the bottle.

I rub my thumb against her cheek and she blinks tiredly. I smile and snap out of my sort of trance. Ally whines and I say "you don't want me to lay my eyes off of you"? She shakes her head and I chuckle. I grab the bottle and place it back in her mouth.

Sh starts to suckle on it and I pat her back. Clara says "okay girls I think we've done enough". They look up with a mad face and Clara smiles. I say "it's nap time anyway girls". They start to whine and Lauren sign languages for them to stop.

She says "We can make cookies"-"yay"! Lauren sighs and says "we can make them later tonight if you guys take a nap like the good girls I know you are".

They run out of the room and Clara chases after them yelling "you have frosting all over you"! Lauren and I laugh and Ally tries to sit up. I chuckle and pull her onto my lap. Lauren sits next to me and says "I swear if my mom gives them any sugar I am gonna kill her". I laugh and say "well there like already on a sugar rush 24/7".