Chapter 25- a confession

Start from the beginning

       I smiled and blushed a bit. "Our star, then."

       He finally looked at it and grinned as well. "Our star. Let's name it."

         "Leehyun!" I exclaimed, and Hoseok rolled his eyes playfully knowing my obsession with the singer.

         "Let's see, if we had a kid, what would we name it?" He asked teasingly, and I laughed and lightly hit his arm.

         "Then let's keep it simple and call it J & J." I said, nodding to myself.

           "That has a nice ring to it, let's keep it." He agreed. There's a lot of names that start with J... it could mean anyone couldn't it...

         No, this one is Ji-won and Jhope. This one is for us.

         We sat there for what seemed like a beautiful eternity, talking every now and then but mostly silent keeping each other company. I was starting to fall asleep, but when he spoke again, the seriousness in his tone fully woke me up.

           "Ji-won." He said softly, sounding like he was going to say something important.

          "Yeah?" I replied, sitting up a bit more.

        He gently grabbed my chin and turned my head, so I turned my torso toward him and sat more in the side, so I could look him in the eye. "What is it?"

          He gazed at me with big eyes, keeping one arm around my waist and moving hair out of my face with the other.

           "I've told you once before, but we were drunk and it was a mess. I... I'm not sure if this is something you even want to hear, but the more I don't say it the stronger it all gets." He was looking into my eyes with such a powerful expression that I couldn't find words. I just stared back, not even daring to blink.

           His hand went down from my face and back to my waist. He looked like he was having trouble speaking too.

          "I have to be honest with you, I can't keep pretending that I'm fine with this." He said, pausing for a few long seconds.

          "I love you."

          My heart skipped a beat, and a feeling of pure joy spread throughout me. I've heard this before- but this time is so different on so many levels. He loves me, and I truly know it now.

         "I love you so much that it hurts sometimes." He continued. "And I'm scared for our friendship, but you're important enough to me that I know I won't lose you no matter what happens."

          He sighed at the next part.

         "I know you have feelings for Jungkook too. That's why I'm going to try my best to make you mine."

         Mine, his, Jungkook... this was so much to take in even though I thought I already knew. But I didn't really know until this moment.

           I stared back at him, wanting to spill all my feelings for him and that I just want us to be together, but I know deep down that that's not true, so I can't find with power to speak.

         "I don't need an answer right now, you don't need to say anything." He said softly. "You can answer me another day, when you've figured it all out. Right now, all you need to do is understand that I love you,"

           We stared at each other, and despite everything I felt like I was falling in love all over again. He leaned closer to me, his eyes flickering to my lips. "And kiss me."