Epilogue

Roy's POV
-------------
I knock nervously on the master bedroom door of my apartment. God, this day was going to be shit.

"Dani, princess? We need to get going soon sweetheart," I coo, hoping that the tears aren't too bad.

Dani walks out of the bedroom, looking stunning as usual with her dark hair up in a professional updo and her thin frame clothed in a tight black dress that just reaches her knees. Her legs seem to go on forever with her feet tucked into a simple pair of glossy black heels. She wasn't wearing any makeup, which didn't surprise me. It wasn't worth it if it was just going to end up running down your face later.

Instead of crying, she was looking at me with a tight expression. I reach down and pull her into a soundless hug before grabbing her hand and leading her out of our apartment.

We had moved in together about six months ago, about a year after we started officially going out. We were both about to graduate in a few months, Danielle with a Bachelor's in business and me with a Bachelor's in business. After we got our diplomas we were planning on getting an apartment farther off campus. I was going to start co-owning this business with this distant uncle I didn't know existed until he just showed up one day, telling my mother he was so glad she was well. Apparently it was one of my dad's brothers and he claims he didn't know my mom was sick. He's really nice though, so I guess I believe him. He's also filthy ass rich, so he's helping me get my bearings by opening up a small record store that Danielle was also going to help run.

Silent Riot split up about a year ago when they realized that they couldn't keep Jace after he repeatedly kissed and harassed my girlfriend. Lets just say he walked home with a limp when they finally gave up on him. Then Paige became pregnant with her current boyfriend's child. Let's just say that Dani and I were now the godparents of a beautiful baby girl. I just hope to have one of my own. Soon-ish I mean. Not now, but not too later. Because I want like ten mini-Danielle's running around. I really do. I'd never wanted kids until I met Dani. And then I thought what a crime against humanity it would be to deprive the world of little beings just as perfect as their mother. Hopefully none of me rubbed off in them, though Dani always slaps me in the arm when I mention it to her. Apparently she hopes to have a little boy just like me. Oh Lordy, I hope not.

Even worse than having a child exactly like me, would be to have a daughter that gets caught up with a guy like me. God forbid I meet any of the parents of the girls that I hooked up with before Dani. They would surely kick my ass.

Back to the present, we head out the door, me closing and locking it behind us. I drive and Dani just sits in the passenger seat with her head pointed out at the passing scenery, but the glazed look in her eyes shows that she's not that interested in the cows and fields. About twenty minutes more of driving lands us at the funeral home, where we greet a few of Troy's family members who we had spoken a lot to the day before at the visitation. They were great people and they could always make Dani laugh, a lot like Troy in that way. After the pleasantries and sharing of tissues, we walk on along until we come upon both of our moms. They seemed to have really hit it off since we introduced them last year. It's like they could bond over anything:being a single mother, how annoying sons are, how awesome daughters are, etc. Of course, they only say the last two things when I'm around and always in hushed tones with sarcastic smiles on their faces.

"Hey mom,"I hug my mother, now with a little more meat on her bones, her face filled out, and no more bags underneath her eyes. She was like a brand new person, I was almost forgetting how young she used to look before she got sick. Her blue eyes, much like mine, were always bright with a smile now instead of dulled by pain medications and sickness.

"Hi Royce, how are you and Danielle?"she asks and I groan while Dani lets out a small laugh. Even though I was still extremely annoyed by her constantly calling me that ever since that day in the hospital, it warmed me to hear Dani's all-too-familiar laugh. I hadn't heard quite as often this past week.