5: Stolen Kisses

When I walked through the door to my dorm, I found myself greeted with silence- meaning Jess wasn't there. I shrugged and walked to the mini kitchen area where I grabbed a banana and hungrily downed it with half a bottle of water. This way my stomach would stop growling, but I would still be able to eat at the theatre.

I quickly dumped my school things and pulled my cross body purse over my shoulder, making sure that my wallet was safely inside. Then I unplugged my iPhone from where I had sat it to charge. Doing a mental checklist, I walked back out the door and down to my car. Once again, I checked the time on the dash. 7:00.

Yes, I still had an hour until the showing, but it was at least a thirty minute drive not including the fact that there would probably be a good share of traffic to make it take even longer than that. So, I turned my radio to 102.9 The Buzz and let my car smoothly pull out and made my way to the road.

"Oh, it's not that you should care. I just wanted you to know!"I belted out as my car swung into the empty space in the theatre parking lot, Not Your Fault by Awolnation dying out and being replaced with another song.

I quickly took the key out of the ignition, effectively stopping the music and the hum of the engine. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and got out, locking the door behind me. My shoes padded on the damp concrete, rain sprinkling down lightly probably frizzing my hair as we speak.

When I entered the building, I was happy to immediately spot Paige leaned against one of the ticket booths. She was talking to the guy behind the counter, probably someone from school. But, she stopped and turned around when I called a greeting to her across the almost empty theatre lobby.

A smile lit her face and she hugged me when I finally made it through the maze of ropes that they always have set up. 

"Why are we hugging?"I asked after a while when she didn't let go.

She pulled away and gave me a serious face,"You looked like you needed it."

I just rolled my eyes at her and she handed me my ticket, bidding the employee a goodbye. Even as she turned away and started to walk off, the guy watched her, a small smile on his face.

I smirked as I came up beside her, giving her a knowing look,"You know that that guy likes you, right?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"she asked me like I was crazy, but I saw the color that filled her cheeks and the way that she avoided eye contact.

"And you like him too!"I sing-songed, starting to skip to the concessions place.

"Do not!"she called after me, whacking me in the arm which actually hurt.

I gave her a pouty face,"I didn't know that romance would make you so violent."

Now it was her turn to roll her eyes,"Whatever. Just get me some food so we can go sit down."

I ended up ordering a medium popcorn, two small slushies, a box of M&M's, and a box of sour gummy worms. The nice man directed us to our theatre and we eagerly headed in the appointed direction. 

Once we had entered the dark room, which was about half-way full with people, Paige and I couldn't seem to agree on which row of seats we wanted to sit in. Paige wanted to sit closer to the front, while I complained that that would give me a headache from being so close and that we should sit in the middle.

I was horrified that Paige was making such a big deal, causing everyone to stare at us. But, then again, it was a good thing that the whole ordeal was taking my mind off of things. We finally ended up sitting in the middle after a couple sent us a glare and just told us to sit somewhere. My face blazed red but Paige just rolled her eyes and dragged me to the seats.