18: Stolen Kisses

"The hell we have a lot to talk about! We have nothing to talk about. So just get the fuck out of my car!"I clasped my hands over my ears, trying to control my breathing.

To some, it might have seemed like I was overreacting. But, looking at all of the emotional stress he has put me through since spilling water on my shoe, I think that my reaction is warranted.

"Danielle, I understand that you have every right to be mad. But I just want you to hear me out, okay?"he pleaded, bravely looking directly into my glaring, tear-stained eyes.

I sighed, trying to hold back the scream that wanted to escape,"I don't see what there is to talk about. You're a prick, I'm done with this stupid roller coaster ride, and that's it. Zip. Zilch."

"I know that's how you feel but I just thought-"

"You thought that you could play with my heart? It's pretty obvious to me that you never cared about me. And I'm sick of being used and messed with. So get out of my car,"my voice was now calm, which was only creepier. I couldn't control what was coming out of my mouth anymore than I could control the way my heart was hammering in my chest.

 He huffed, pulling the seatbelt overtop of him and plugging it in,"I'm not leaving, so you might as well start driving to my apartment."

With my best glare I said,"I don't know why you are so insistent to make my life or why you won't leave me alone."

"Just drive, Danielle."

Hearing him say my actual name only cause me to falter for a bit,"Tell me why and I will."

"Why what?"

"Why you won't just leave me alone. Why don't you just let us go our seperate ways and never speak again? Obviously I make your life more difficult and vice versa, so lets just simplify things. Just get out now and I won't bother you anymore."

"Dani, you're really being ridiculous now, let's ju-"

"Tell me now, dammit!"I shouted, startling the bird that had perched on my side mirror.

"Please, just drive to my apartment and I'll explain everything when we get there. I have something I've been meaning to give you anyways."

His calming tone was effective and contagious. I took a few deep breaths before simply nodding and pulling out onto the main road.

_ _ _ _ _ _ 

Perched on the edge of Roy's couch, I waited impatiently for him to come back from the bathroom. I took I sip of the tea in my hand, scalding my tongue with a wince.

Recalling the last time that I had been here, I realized that last time it wasn't under such serious circumstances. What was he going to say? What did we need to talk about? I can't believe that Nicole isn't real, sort of. Jess is going to freak.

My internal freak out was cut off as Roy walked back into the room, hands in his pockets and a serious look on his face. Oh Lord.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, neither of us knowing what to say or how to say it. Seriously, it got so awkward that I contemplated pulling out my phone and texting Jess. I was just about to do so when his voice, God his sexy voice, stopped me.

"So, as I already said, Nicole wasn't actually my girlfriend,"he started, his voice strained.

I sighed and tried to make myself sound impartial,"But you slept with her."

Jealous. Gosh, I sounded so jealous. I hoped and prayed that Roy didn't pick up on it, but by the slight smirk on his face I'm guessing he did.

"Well you had Brandon, so,"he trailed off, his eyes never meeting mine.